Deposit for rentals

Georgi1303
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am using Paypal as the payment gateway for a village hall website.  The village hall rent out rooms they have available for functions and classes etc.  The website uses Planyo.com as its backend for taking bookings.  When a booking is made there is a indemnity deposit which is held until the booking has been completed for any damage or breakages that may occur.  When the booking has been completed the deposit is then paid back to the customer.  What I would like to know is there a way of refunding the deposits after 60 days ?  We have some bookings for weddings etc that can be made a year or more in advance.  The village hall is setup as a charity organization so any costs or fees either party would endure for refunds after 60 days is unacceptable.  

Hope you can help.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Conor

Hi Georgi1301,

Welcome to our Community. 

Although the option to refund a payment is only available on your side for 60 days, a PayPal representative would be happy to issue a refund for you after this point once we receive written permission by email and the funds are fully available within your PayPal balance.

Refunds issued internally by PayPal do not involve any fees for either party.

The Paypal system is not tailored for processing deposit payments like you describe but this could well be a workable solution here.

How does this sound?

Conor

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Georgi1303
Contributor
Contributor

Can anybody help we with this ???

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Conor

Hi Georgi1301,

Welcome to our Community. 

Although the option to refund a payment is only available on your side for 60 days, a PayPal representative would be happy to issue a refund for you after this point once we receive written permission by email and the funds are fully available within your PayPal balance.

Refunds issued internally by PayPal do not involve any fees for either party.

The Paypal system is not tailored for processing deposit payments like you describe but this could well be a workable solution here.

How does this sound?

Conor

Login to Me Too

Georgi1303
Contributor
Contributor

Ok that sounds fine, thanks for the answer Conor.

What the best email address to send these requests to and what information will you need ? Im assuming, transaction id, email address, refund amount and date ?

Can you pass on a request to development to maybe have this option for buisness accounts as I'm sure we are not the only ones who are using Paypal for this purpose.  

Also while I have you here, we are a non profit set up and when we opened the paypal account we sent in information to pay the lower rate of 1.4%+20p and recieved an email back saying that was all setup but no we have transaction going into the paypal account they are taking the standard 3.4%+20p from the transaction.   The account is Speldhurstvillagehall  @  gmail.com.  We have sent emails in about this but its still not been sorted.

Many thanks

Login to Me Too

Georgi1303
Contributor
Contributor

Any news on this ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi Georgi1303,

No problem at all 🙂

To request those refunds, it would usually be best to send us a quick email by clicking the 'contact' tab at the bottom of your account and then 'email us'. The transaction ID, refund amount and the date would be ideal.

I'll certainly pass your feedback about this process onto our engineers for consideration during a future update.

To discuss the status of your charity rates though, it would be best to contact us on one of our other social media channels. I'm afraid we're unable to discuss an account specifically on the community forum, you see.

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Would you considering sending us a quick tweet or a Facebook message so we can chase this for you?

Conor

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.