Apeal a Claim

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

How do I appeal a claim decision? There's no "appeal" on the action tab of a closed claim file.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Any idea why PayPal would cacnel a claim while the returned item is still in transit?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@radiatingdrain

I think they give a certain amount of time for the item to arrive and then close the claim if it has not done so in that time frame.

Did you supply a tracking number to paypal of the returned item and return promptly?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a couple of weeks since it was posted but it's the Christmas/new year period. I've supplied tracking to PayPal which shows it's now in the town where it's to be delivered except now the recipient has just told me he is away unitl next Friday so I really need PayPal to act on my behalf.

Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

PS I returned the item straight away. Not at all happy with PayPal.

Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal told me I can return the item for a refund on the 19th Dec. I posted it on the 20th Dec and provided them with the tracking information. Do PayPal take into account the fesitive period and that it's being sent back to Italy from the UK?

Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

There is no appeal tab. That was what I was emialing about.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@radiatingdrain

If you read the link it does say that the appeal option disappears after 10 days so has it been that long?

Either way why not give customer services a call and ask them to appeal it for you via a phone call?

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

radiatingdrain
Contributor
Contributor

No, PayPal informed of their decision in the early hours of this morning. I did notice the Royal Mail tracking number was coming up as invalid on The Postale Italiane website this morning but it's now working again so I hope they didn't make their decision based on that.

I've found the appeals link. You have to go through the "making a formal complaint to PayPal" page. I've appealed the decsion and am now waiting for any sort of reply. Thanks anyway.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.