Why is my refund pending so long?

Basler99
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a wso at warriorforum.com and i requested a refund. The seller has paid me a refund of $17 in November 5, 2010 but paypal said the refund is pending until November 10, 2010.

Until now November 13, 2010 i still do not receive my refund. I cannot understand why paypal is pending my refund so long.

Transaction ID :1GA48260UJ293431X

I suggest paypal add a new service : lively chat 24 hours a day like many webhosting has done it to solve many problems.

Please everybody help me....

Thanks

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

oldtowncoldspri
Contributor
Contributor

I also have a refund pending?????

Temporary Hold (Unique Transaction ID # 2JD240008G021443D)

The reason stated is that the refund was from one PayPal account to another PayPal account.  If you purchase a product through PayPal this is the only way you can be refunded.

Looks to me like PayPal is getting the benefit of having the money from all of our "Temporarily Pending" transactions while we are helpless to do anything about it.  If the person issuing the credit has that amount in their account I am sure it is deducted immediately.  That being the case it should be put into the other account immediately.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Everyone,

If the status of your refund is "Pending," this means that the seller did not have the funds actively on hand and a bank transfer has been initiated to capture the funds and send them to you.  Assuming the seller is in the US, this process usually takes three to five business days, barring any unexpected banking delays.  During this period, PayPal does not have control of the funds and is still waiting for them from the bank.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Basler99
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted the seller, and he replied : " Yohanes, I sent the refund as you requested. The same day you requested it. If paypal said the refund is pending then It's not in my hands, you're waiting on paypal. There's nothing to fix, just be patient and you'll get it."

I don't know who is wrong, paypal or the seller?

Here is the proof :

PayPal logo    Nov 5, 2010 00:39:45 PDT
Transaction ID: 1GA48260UJ293431X
Hello <your name>,
<your seller> just sent you a refund

<Your seller> just sent you a full refund of $17.00 USD for your purchase. It may take 3-5 business days to receive the refund in your PayPal account. If you have any questions about this refund, please contact <your seller>.
The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log into your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant information
<your seller>

<email address>
    Note from merchant
I'd appreciate if you deleted your post <my buyer>. Thanks.
Original transaction details
Description    Unit price    Qty    Amount
Rapid Sales Letter Software - WSOEdition
Item #: SLS-WSOEdition-v001
    $17.00 USD    1    $17.00 USD
Insurance:     ----
Total:     $17.00 USD

Hi paypal officers, please investigate the truth and fix my problem. I just want my money back.

I really need help.

Thanks

Man Sad

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I would recommend going into your History in your PayPal account and checking the status of the original transaction.  If it says "Pending" or "Pending Refund," then the seller initiated a bank transfer as previously described.  If that's the case,  you won't receive the refund until the check clears, so to speak.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

Master-King
Contributor
Contributor

im having some problems too with this temporary crap

my id of trans is Unique Transaction ID # 2A80692575072631T

seller has already leave positive feedback and its been now 4 days since he refunded and now im having this problem paypal isnt the same anymore this is my money and no one has the right to hold it to me paypal nor ebay didnt pay the item i bought it was me soooo be kind of putting that  money again in my account so i could you use it again thanks 

Login to Me Too

Basler99
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted the seller this morning.  He replied me :

" YOU'VE BEEN REFUNDED!
 I transferred all paypal income to my bank account.
You asked for a refund. I gave you a refund the same day.
 As there was no money in my paypal account at that time,
paypal initiated a bank tranfer.
I cant make paypal pay you faster.

I cant fix anything from paypals end.

So just be patient, I've done everything on my end.
 There is nothing to fix."
I was also given the screenshot of refund transaction.
Hi paypal officers could you help to make paypal pay me faster?
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thanks
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Everyone,

If there was a method to expedite bank transfers, I would be happy to do so.  The bank transfer process time frames are standardized and cannot be expedited, however.  As soon as PayPal has the funds and has processed them, they will be provided to you.  We regret the delay and any confusion this process may cause.

Adrian

Login to Me Too

maginceto_angel
New Community Member

Hi i had a big problem since 30 of september I'm waithing to see my refund into my bank account but still nothing can u please help me this is what i got

Payment Received (Unique Transaction ID # 8DH42071V72716920)

This transaction has been refunded
For further details please see transaction 87F06495GM8918815
Original Transaction
 Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
 Sep 30, 2010Payment From eBay Inc Refunded ...$381.00 USD $0.00 USD $381.00 USD 

Related Transaction
 Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
 Sep 30, 2010Refund Completed Details-$381.00 USD $0.00 USD -$381.00 USD 
Total:$0.00 USD $0.00 USD $0.00 USD 

Sent by:
eBay Inc    
Payment sent to:

maginceto_angel

Amount received:
$381.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
$381.00 USD

Date:
Sep 30, 2010
Time:
03:47:28 PDT
Refunded

Subject:
eBay Inc has just sent you $381.00 USD with PayPal
Payment Type:
Instant

Login to Me Too

oldtowncoldspri
Contributor
Contributor

Check the balance in your Pay Pal account.  Refunds go to your Pay Pal account then you must withdraw them to your bank account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.