Why doesn't refund show in my account?

shery43
Contributor
Contributor

As of a week ago I was told that I got a refund from a company that took too long processing my order. I emailed them and they said that my refund had already went through and that it should be in my Paypal account, however its been almost two weeks and I do not see any refund, not in my Paypal or my bank account. Why isn't it showing up?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

shery43
Contributor
Contributor

Getting really tired of waiting for my refund! Tried calling Paypal and all I get is some annoying computer to speak to! This is the first time it is taking so long for my refund to show up in my account. The seller says its there but i don't see it! Where is it PAYPAL???

Login to Me Too

terishenette
Contributor
Contributor

i know how you feel i am supposed to be getting a refund and havent recieved it..It says on mine transfer failed and I keep trying to find out what is going on from paypal and they refuse to answer me..

Login to Me Too

CUSTOMS572
New Community Member

I am having the same issue right now, I had HomeDepot refund me for parts I did not need, that was days ago, and still no record other than the receipt I have from Home Deopt. I think in the past it took about three days, but I am way beyond that~!

Login to Me Too

shery43
Contributor
Contributor

Its funny how all of sudden it takes a full billing cycle when before it would go through in no more than a week! Something is seriously going on with Paypal these days.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello everyone!

I can understand why you are concerned!  Let me see if I can help all of you out. 

shery43,

When you click on the "details" button beside the transaction--it should pull up everything that took place with that transaction.  If you received a refund--it should state refund completed.  If you paid with a credit card, the refund will go back to the card.  A refund back to a credit card takes anywhere from 3 business days to a full billing cycle to update onto the card.

terishenette,

It sounds like your refund didn't go through for some reason.  Have you filed a dispute on this transaction?  If not, and you have already tried working things out with your seller--you may want to look at filing a dispute.  You can do so by clicking on the Resolution Center in your PayPal account, and then the "dispute a transaction" button. 

CUSTOMS572,

Can you take a look in your PayPal account at the original transaction?  If you paid for the purchase using a credit card, the funds would have gone back to the card.  A credit back to a card can take anywhere from 3 days up to a full billing cycle.  I would suggest continuing to check your credit card statement, if you have access online.  You should see the credit soon! 

I really hope this helps clear things up for everyone!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

CUSTOMS572
New Community Member

So what is considered a full billing cycle...? How long..? 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

CUSTOMS572,

A full billing cycle for your card would be 30 days. 

Lilly

Login to Me Too

kyle191
Contributor
Contributor

Hey paypal!!!!! I got a refund from a seller who did not deliver Super Bowl Tickets. It shows in my account as "pending" and that it will clear on February 10. Well today is February 11 and I still don't have access to my money.

Please tell me that you guys are not playing the "bank game" of holding onto people's money to make more interest on float. That would be really low life.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello kyle191,

It sounds like the refund could still be processing.  Once it completes, it will go into your PayPal balance, or back to your credit card (if that was the original funding). 

You can also give our Customer Service Department a call.  They would be happy to take a look at the refund to give you an update.

Hope this helps!

Lilly

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.