WHERE IS MY REFUND???????????

kawikapoi
Contributor
Contributor

On October 27th, I made a purchase on Ebay and payed with PayPal. The item was out of stock.

On November 1st., The company posted a refund on paypal and it shows in the history.

It was on hold, but then showed as refunded to me on November 2nd.

I NEVER RECEIVED A REFUND!!

It is NOW December 5th.

It is PAST the 30 day period Paypal says it sometimes takes for the refund to post to my debit account.

WHERE DID MY MONEY GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello kawikapoi

Welcome and I can understand your concern regarding your refund.  If the refund was on hold and then released, then it sounds as if the payment was originally funded via your bank account.  In this situation, the funds would have been credited to your PayPal balance once the hold was released.  Unless the funds were transferred back to your bank account, the money would have sat in your PayPal balance and used as a credit towards subsequent purchases you may have made.

I would encourage you to review your history as I believe you will see that the funds were most likely used to either fully fund, or partially fund other payments you have made.  Due to the way bank transfers work, we can not automatically credit funds back to your bank which is why they are placed into your PayPal balance.

I apologize for any confusion and as always, please let me know if you need any further help.  Take care.

KB

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
49 REPLIES 49
Solved

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello kawikapoi

Welcome and I can understand your concern regarding your refund.  If the refund was on hold and then released, then it sounds as if the payment was originally funded via your bank account.  In this situation, the funds would have been credited to your PayPal balance once the hold was released.  Unless the funds were transferred back to your bank account, the money would have sat in your PayPal balance and used as a credit towards subsequent purchases you may have made.

I would encourage you to review your history as I believe you will see that the funds were most likely used to either fully fund, or partially fund other payments you have made.  Due to the way bank transfers work, we can not automatically credit funds back to your bank which is why they are placed into your PayPal balance.

I apologize for any confusion and as always, please let me know if you need any further help.  Take care.

KB

Login to Me Too

kawikapoi
Contributor
Contributor

Keven you are absolutely right!

I feel like such an idiot. I reviewed my transactions and just like you said, portions of my refund were automatically applied to my next few orders/payments!

I guess I was confused because the refund balance never showed up in my bank account OR as a paypal balance.

BUT...it was indeed applied to my next few purchases in the background!

THANK-YOU for bringing that to my attention!!

GO PAYPAL!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

RPJ
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Since you seem to be well versed with paypal,hope you can help me out.I had sold an item about 3 days back to a guy in uk.He promtly payed me through paypal,but my money is still in paypal and has not been transferred into my bank account.I had already linked my bank account and paypal account.Please help me out with this...

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

Does your paypal show an amount on the top left side of the page when you log in, Paypal balance $1.00?  If so, then Paypal does not automatically transfer money to your bank account you have to go in to the Withdraw tab and Transfer to bank.  FYI: It can take a 3-7 days for your bank to show available.

I did this on December 9, 2010 and it still has not shown up in my bank account. They say 3-4 business days.

Also,  when a seller does a refund it can take just as long if not longer.

Login to Me Too

RPJ
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply freind.Yes it shows my money that i have from the sale.so when i log in to paypal it shows the money that i am supposed to have.But now i have other news from another source that since it was my first ever sale on ebay that paypal will hold on to my money and will release it only after my buyer confirms the reciept of the item,atleast thats what i know.Please update me on this if u can .Anyways thank you very much for your time.

Login to Me Too

Watchout
Contributor
Contributor

I sold my first item on Ebay about a week ago.  I got an instant message that the item sold.  I looked in my paypal account and it showed the balance to be what I  listed the item for along with shipping.  I used there label printing tracking system as well.

I was making transactions on Ebay and using the paypal balance from the sale to purchase and they went through automatically.  I imagine that if you just transfer the money right away it can take extra Paypal time.

I did finally transfer half of the purchase price to my bank account and it took 7 days.

Not sure what the hold up would be..... got to love Ebay/Paypal...  

****Kudo's are greatly appreciated if you feel you benefited from the response**** Happy Holidays!

Login to Me Too

meganoo
New Community Member

Hi there, you should ask for a paypal card than when you sale something on eBay you access your money the same time  and you could use that card like a credit card to any store and when you use like a credit card paypal give you cash back but don't use like a debit card because paypal will charge you a $1.00 for each transaction you will do  you could also go to ATM to willdraw your money from your paypal account but paypal charge you $3.00 but I thing is better than wait 7 days before you could use it.

Good luck

meganoo

Login to Me Too

narrow34
New Community Member

I have a similar issue w/ the refund you answered, however, mine varies as the refund has not posted to my PayPal account NOR my Bank Account and I NEED those funds! it ain't MY problem the Seller had a defective product, so why are MY funds being held hostage?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Kevin
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello narrow34

Welcome.  When an Instant Transfer is made via your bank account it will typically take 3-4 business days for the funds to clear to us.  PayPal does not get the money at the same time you see the funds removed from your bank.

PayPal pays your seller out of our own money so they get paid right away and you get your item quicker, as we know we will not get our money for at least 3-4 business days.

When an Instant Transfer bank payment is refunded back to you, the seller is actually refunding our money that we fronted on behalf of you.  The hold you are seeing is only on there until we receive the funds from your bank which takes 3-4 business days.   I hope this helps and I wish you a great day.

KB

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.