Refunding with Zero Sending Limit

Khalil
Contributor
Contributor

Just a quick background.

1) I have my own paypal account set up for myself linked to my own Non-US debit card.

2) I told my sister to sign up for a paypal account (well I had to actually do most of the work) without linking a card/account (she doesn't have any creidt cards I mean lolol and she doesn't want to link her bank account)

3) I agreed to send her money so she could use it whenever she wants to buy stuff.

4) I sent her two payments (because I forgot the fees would be taken out) to buy the stuff she wanted. Unfortunately the mechant didn't accept taking the money out of the PayPal balance, it was forcing her to link a credit card, so she cancelled.

5) She tried refunding me my two transactions, but was only successful with one. When she tried to do the other refund she got rejected because her sending limit was zero.

She called tech support and spoke to an agent who said she would get it refunded for us on her side. She sent a confimatory e-mail to the registered e-mail address for my sister asking her to reply to the e-mail giving consent.

We gave her confimation to go ahead (this was about 9pm AST (or 5pm PST i think) through e-mail to the support e-mail she originally sent it from.

I woke up this morning and saw an automated response from the e-mail saying we don't reply to e-mails sent to this address yada yada. And when I checked my paypal account and hers, no money had been refunded as of yet.

Is there like a time frame which I can work with to look out for the refund showing up on my account? And once the refund is granted, how long until it actually shows on my debit card (or PayPal balance) because I am hearing many people talking about lengthy delays.

Thanks for any help. I really hope somebody responds.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Khalil
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I checked with my Debit Card provider and it seems that I have had all my money (minus the small transfer fees) refunded to my debit card. So everything seems to be in order now. This is great! I can go back out to work without any worries now.... thank goodness. It was stressful. Glad things worked out.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Khalil
Contributor
Contributor

Ok just an update,

I got an e-mail from tech support today at around 5:58pm AST ( or 1:58pm PST) telling me that they have reversed the transaction between me and my sister.... (YAYYY!  Smiley Very Happy).

It hasn't shown up on my debit card as yet, but my debit card company says that they usually see the refund transactions take up to 10days before it shows on the card....so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that it does show up by then if not sooner...

I'll try and update as soon as I find out about the actual reimbursement.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Khalil
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I checked with my Debit Card provider and it seems that I have had all my money (minus the small transfer fees) refunded to my debit card. So everything seems to be in order now. This is great! I can go back out to work without any worries now.... thank goodness. It was stressful. Glad things worked out.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.