SoloDZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,
I have a doubt.
before some time I linked my card to my PayPal account to buy a product
as soon as the purchase was done I removed my card from my account
now the seller tells he cannot give me the product so want to refund my money
so now I do not have my card linked in my account anymore(as i stated above i removed my card as soon as the purchase was done)
my doubt:
where will the refund go? 1. PayPal balance or 2. CC
if answer is CC then I want the money back to my PayPal balance so what to do?(i do not want to link my card for online purchases anymore)
please help me

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello SoloDZ,

Thanks for stopping into the forum!

PayPal will refund the funds back onto the credit card the transaction originally charged to. 

If for some reason your credit card does not accept the credit, the funds would come back into your PayPal account balance. 

Hope this helps,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

SoloDZ
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your reply

i have two more doubts:

1. on a special request to the PayPal team can i get a refund back to my PayPal balance?

reason is that i do not want to use my card anymore for online shopping so want the refund back to my PayPal balance

2. you told "If for some reason your credit card does not accept the credit, the funds would come back into your PayPal account balance."

what can be the conditions in this case? i mean what can be the reason(s) that my card will not accept the refund?

please reply as soon as possible

thank you PayPal:)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

SoloDZ,

Let me clarify alittle regarding the credit going back to the card 🙂

What I meant was, if your credit card is cancelled with your issuing bank, sometimes they do not accept the credit. 

However, if the card is still active, then the credit would go back to the credit card. 

The refund process is automatic, so we are unable to stop the credit from going to the card.

Hope this helps  🙂

Lilly

Login to Me Too

SoloDZ
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply

the refund is still not done by the seller

the seller's PayPal account is limited so he cannot refund me

i contacted PayPal for the refund and they told me that refund request has been approved as the seller accepted to refund. but i want a refund to my PayPal balance and not to my card as i will not use my card anymore online

so i asked the seller to reply to that email saying to refund to my PayPal balance. he got no reply till now

so can it be approved please

thank you PayPal:)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

The PayPal Community Help Forums are designed for member to member help, and moderators cannot go into account specific information. 

I would suggest giving our Customer Service a call.  They would be glad to take a look for you!

To get the phone number for PayPal:

1. Log in

2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Contact Us"

3. Scroll down to section 2 and click on "Call Us"

4. A customer service number and web PIN will appear. 

Hope this helps,

Lilly

Login to Me Too

SoloDZ
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply

I would gladly like to know that this type of procedure can be done by calling PayPal or by sending them an email?

thank you:)

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Lilly
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You may want to phone PayPal to explain the situation, and that way you can receive information right on the call.

Lilly

Login to Me Too

SoloDZ
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you I will call and inform PayPal about the situation

Login to Me Too

SoloDZ
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.