Received a refund on eBay - when does it appear?

sl93
Contributor
Contributor

I bought an item on eBay and there was some false information in the listing so I was refunded. I paid for the item using my debit card that is linked to my PayPal account. How long will it take for the refund to appear? The refund was sent today.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Andy

sl93-  Well, couple possibilities here.  If it makes it back to the card, it should be there within a few days.  Keep in mind though, some credit card companies don't post credits until the end of the billing cycle, so it can take up to 30 days to actually show.  But if this is a debit card, then that obviously wouldn't apply, but a debit card brings up issues of it's own.  In most cases, we can't refund directly to a debit card, so the refund winds up being in your PayPal balance where you can withdraw back to your bank account (if it's linked).  This process can take the 30 days because it tries to go to your card first, then that fails, then it comes back to your PayPal balance.

Andy

Login to Me Too

samvt
New Community Member

Is there any way to get the money back faster? I was also refunded to my debit card, but the money isn't here yet and I kind of need it. 30 days seems like a ridiculously long time.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

samvt-  The 30 days is the best guesstimate that we can make because we send it back as soon as the refund is processed; on the card's end, they will sometimes wait till the end of the billing cycle to post it back, or it can take that long to fail and come back to PayPal.  In a lot of cases though, the refund is actually completed within a few days.  So it is possible it will come back sooner than 30 days.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.