Postage label that was never used

gottuhaveit
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I printed out a label several weeks ago and I never used the label but I completely forgot about it. My question to paypal is who gets the money that I paid for this label? Do they just consider because of your ignorance that it is ok for them to keep the funds paid or what? Does usps keep the money or paypal or do the share the unearned funds made out of a persons honest mistake? In my opinion this is absolutely hideous to say the least that you only have a 24 hour window to void a label. Usps knows whether or not the label was used and so does paypal as well so why would they not be willing to refund your money for a label never used?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

profdata
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

USPS keeps the money.

Login to Me Too

gottuhaveit
Contributor
Contributor

Well now I find that stanage indeed because I have printed on the usps site before and went back and retrieved funds from the for labels that were days old and not  just 24 hours old, and so you are telling me because I printed the label through paypal that there is no way to get the funds back for something I paid for and never used? Has usps had a recent change in the amount of time they allow for a refund because I never had this issue with them before when I shipped directly through them and not through payapl.  My last question would be have you seen these funds go directly to usps with your own eyes or is this just something you were told by paypal, as there is a big differenced.

Login to Me Too

gottuhaveit
Contributor
Contributor

Almost forgot to ask you if usps has the funds then am I able to retrieve the funds from them and if I cannot what is the reason since the label was never used, and please do not tell me you don't know how they operate their system because your company works hand in hand with them.  I actually expected you to say that usps keeps the funds anyway.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi gottuhaveit,

Just to clarify for you, profdata isn't a PayPal employee. These forums are a venue for customers to share their experiences and knowledge with one another, and profdata is just one of the folks who spends the most time hanging around and helping others. The community thrives on people who have the knowledge and willingness to share it with others, so we certainly appreciate folks like profdata. Please feel free to stick around and do the same for others!

To clarify the answer to your question - The window of time given for canceling a label is the amount of time that USPS gives PayPal to request reimbursement of the funds. If that timeframe is exceeded, the funds are kept by USPS and neither PayPal nor the customer is reimbursed. It's vital to make sure that labels are used while valid, or canceled while a refund is possible.

A USPS label can be voided within 48 hours of creation.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.