Confused about refunds

anthporter
New Community Member

Purchased an item through Walmart.com, but the item was out of stock.  Was informed that I would be refunded the money and that it would take 3-5 days (nice, since it didn't take a day for it come OUT of my account).  I received an email from Paypal yesterday informing me that my refund would be applied to my paypal account and that it might a few moments for this transaction to appear in my account.  Well, the only way I can view the transaction is by clicking on the transaction id in the email, and when I do this, it shows that the amount was refunded, then placed on temporary hold.  Why?  Why is it not sitting in my account?  It was not my fault that the store misrepresented their stock on hand, but I am the one who has to deal with have that money sitting unavailable to me in some "temporary hold" through paypal.  I have always loved using paypal for anything, and am frequently frustrated that more sites don't use it.  But this is just stupid.  And the excuse that I've seen on other posts that according to paypal's user agreement they don't have to explain why they place a hold on your funds just sounds like a convenient way to cover up a scam that let's them somehow profit off my money for a few days.  It's not right.  You have a reasonable reason to place the hold, fine.  Tell me what it is.  I'm a reasonable person and can understand a lot, but don't just say, "well, we don't have to."  That's poor customer service.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

I am dealing with the exact same issue right now. Ordered something thru walmart, cancelled 5 minutes later, paypal processed payment that fast, and has now put a temp. hold on my refund. So frustrating! If you find a solution, please let me know!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.