How do I get a refund after a dispute

socceteer
New Community Member

I purchased some speakers and after I paid (Silly me) I started to do additional research and I found several web pages stating that it could be a Scam. So I disputed the charge. After communicating with the seller, he agreed to refund the money. He placed a message stating that he agreed to to the refund...!

Now I do not know what is next..Do I have to close the complain to get the refund..?

Can someone help me understand what I have to do next..? 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_JasonD
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I'm sorry to hear the problem you had with your recent transaction, and would love to shed some light on the issue for you.  By the seller just posting a message saying that they want to issue a refund, doesn't actually issue the refund.  They would need to click the button in their Resolution Center saying to issue the refund for it to be issued to you. 

If they fail to issue the refund, be sure to escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of filing it, or it will automatically close out.  By escalating it we will require the seller to provide proof that they delivered your items to you, or issue a refund.

Have a great weekend. Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

2transportkids
New Community Member

I clicked on report on an item. I purchased some Vibram 5 finger toe shoes from xservicex on November 28, 2010 from "China". I have the paypal receipt and have tried communicating with this seller many times about not receiving the shoes but all they say is "be patient". I understand overseas shipping takes longer than average but 9 wks is a bit much and I am afraid I have been scammed. How do I get a refund and what do I need to do to file a dispute? Was the report a dispute? I really hate this has happened but my son has waited patiently for these shoes and they were suppose to be for Christmas. It is now February 1st and still have no shoes. Would have rather had the shoes than a refund but at this point closing out the deal and purchasing more from a more reputable dealer may be my best option. Please advise me as to what steps I should take to get a refund. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Sincerely,

2transportkids.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

2transportkids- Sorry to hear you're having problems with this transaction.  I've actually been thinking about getting a pair of those shoes myself....they look pretty cool. 🙂

Anywho...what you would want to do is open a dispute. Go to the "Resolution Center". There should be a link towards the top of your PayPal account (once you're logged in, of course).

On the next page, there's a link that says "Report a Problem". This will take you through a process to file the dispute and will tell you all of your timeframes. 

If it's been more than 45 days, you can still file the dispute but we may not be able to recover any funds for you.  I would still encourage you to file the dispute though.  If all else fails, you can always contact us, we're here to help!

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.