Dispute and refund??

diaset
New Community Member

I opened a dispute for a notebook battery that I bought. The battery did not work and after going back and forth with the seller he agreed to a refund the money minus the shipping. My question is do I escalate to a claim since the company is in China. I have not heard from the seller since he agreed to the refund. I don't want the dispute to close with out getting the refund cause once they close it I can't reopen it.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Cr8tonboy
Contributor
Contributor

absolutely escalate this to a claim.  You are correct, if you close the dispute then there is nothing more that can be done.  Once it is escalated, then the seller will be REQUIRED to provide information to PayPal.  Generally shipping an item back to the seller is not something PayPal will enforce, thats usually between buyer and seller.  Considering it is an international shipping situation, you probably won't have to ship it back, but there might be a chance.  With a domestic claim, the buyer is required to ship the item back and the provide tracking proving that they sent it. 

Either way, I would defintely escalate this to a claim.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Excellent information from Cr8tonboy!  Thank you!

One thing I would like to take the time to point out, though, is that if PayPal agrees to issue you a refund, return of the item at your own expense is generally required, regardless of whether the purchase is international or domestic.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.