problems to receive a payment

eyes
New Community Member

We render services to a government institution and the only way that they can pay us is through a credit card , they as government institution are not allowed to set up a paypal account.

They already pay us half of the service already render but now that we send the other invoice the payment it doesnt go through because they receive a message that their sending limit has been reach.

They cannot use another credit card neither set up a paypal account?

What we can do to obtain the payment for the work already render.

How can we ask paypal to raise the limit for sending money?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Amy

HI eyes,

Thank you for your post!

It sounds like the buyer has reached there sending limit with PayPal.  In order for them to send the payment to you, they will have to lift there sending limit by following the below steps:

Your sending limit is the maximum amount of money you can send from your PayPal account. You can remove your sending limit after you confirm your bank account and get Verified.

Here’s how to confirm your bank account:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  3. Click "Bank Accounts" under "Financial Information."
  4. Click "Confirm" next to the bank account you want to confirm.

If your bank qualifies for instant bank confirmation, you can confirm your bank account almost immediately.

Here’s how to instantly confirm your bank account:

1. On the "Confirm your bank account" page, select "Instantly confirm your bank account online."
  2. Enter the username and password you use to log in to your bank’s website, then click "Continue."

If your bank doesn’t qualify for instant bank confirmation, we’ll confirm your bank account by sending 2 small deposits (each between $0.01 and $0.99 USD) to the bank account you want to confirm.

After 2 to 3 business days, review your bank statement or contact your bank to find out the exact amounts of these deposits. With this information, you can complete the confirmation process online.

Here’s how to complete the confirmation process online:

1. Log in to your PayPal account. 
  2. Click "Profile" near the top of the page.
  3. Click "Bank Accounts" under "Financial Information."
  4. Click "Confirm" next to the bank account you want to confirm.
  5. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account, then click "Submit."

Login to Me Too

dsaffir
New Community Member

I have a similar issue.

A customer has in the past made payment to me via AMEX, over $2k. Paypal (and I think correctly) took

the time to validate the transaction from the Payors side.

However, this same customer is going to again make a significant, but same banks etc all around. All the same, other than transaction date.

The customer was made to jump through hoops (email and phone) the first time. Is there a way to avoid this

the second time??? They were not happy about the idea of this happening again.

David

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Amy

Hi dsaffir.

I understand your concern, and not wanting your buyer to go through the hoops of making a payment to you.  As a seller you want to make the transaction as seamless as possible.

Has your customer attempted to make the payment to you, and receiving an error message that is unable to complete the transaction?

If the customer has already added a bank and a Credit card and has a verified account, they should not have to go through the same thing they did the first time to remove the sending limit.

If the customer is experiencing an issue with sending the payment to you, they may want to contact us directly so we can review and research there account.

Thank you so much for contacting us with this issue on behalf of your customer!!!

Amy

Login to Me Too

cardprinters
New Community Member

Government Agencies Credit card do mot work ...Paypal keeps denying them. They recently denied the department of defense for $79. We have to call all these orders and take card manually

Login to Me Too

creativekidz

My customer made payment through Paypal for an ebay item I sold to them. Customer  is saying that Paypal is showing payment complete but, I have no transaction showing on my Paypal account. Ebay is showing that the payment is still processing through Paypal ( hour glass icon).  How is it that nothing is showing on my paypal account? Has the buyer done something incorrect? The amount was less than $50.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Have you recently changed your email address on your PayPal account? In most instances, the root of this issue is that the auction form that was filled out included a misspelled or outdated email address.

You can check to see what email address was used by bringing up one of the items and clicking on "Sell Similar." Check the payments section and note the email address there.

If you still have access to this email address, add and confirm it on your PayPal account to accept the payments. This has to be done within 30 days of the payments being made or they are automatically returned.

If you don't have access to this email address, you'll want to ask your buyers to cancel their payments so that they can manually send it to your new email address via the Send Money tab. Make sure you reach out to them and let them know what to do, and provide them your new email address. You may want to ask for theirs if you are sending them a money request via PayPal to help facilitate the new payment.

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.