Waiting for payment of sold item

Richard49
Contributor
Contributor

I sold a item on 9/17/10. I received a message in my " Message Box " saying that " Buyer has sent payment and it is currently being processed by Pay-Pal. So I sent the item that day and I still have not received payment into my account.

When I open the message there is a button that says " Claim your payment " when I click this button a window comes up that says " Your payment was sent to a email address ( that I have never used ). I checked my Pay-Pal account and they have my email address. Every time they want to send me a bill they always seem to use the right address.

Another way I tried to check into this was that I went to my selling area where it shows the item that I sold. There is a button that says " View Payment Transaction " When I click this a window comes up that says " You' have received a Pay-Pal payment. Complete this sign up form to claim your payment. " when I complete the form it tells me that I'm already signed up, which I am.

From reading the community forum it seems that a lot of other people are having the same problem. Does it normally take more than 4 days to receive payment ? I've read that everyone is saying that you should not send the item until payment is received but it told me the buyer has sent the payment and that Pay-Pal was processing it. 

Any help would be appreciated.  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

You're going to have to phone Paypal on this one - the number comes up when you click 'contact us'.

Login to Me Too

surplusdealdude
Advisor
Advisor

Wait a minute - FIRST, have you attached a verified bank account to your paypal account?

If not, that's likely the problem.

If you have, then carry on with the phone call.

Login to Me Too

Richard49
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.