Payment Holds not Released after Positive Feedback?

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I think I have answered my own question, but I want to know how this is done?

A guy left positive feedback, my money was released.

On another item.. as guy left positive, no money released? It's been 3-4 days.

I was checking the hold dates, and noticed, on the one that was released, it was eBAY Payment.

On the one not released, it was Express Checkout.

Is there a difference? Does the Positive=Release only work for eBay Payment? because both items were sold on eBay.

Just something that grabbed my attention, a money hold don't bother me, unless I need to re stock or something and cant, but Im just more curious than anyhting, maybe a moderator can tell me? or look into that hold for me, maybe it's a delay in the system? Thanks & God Bless. - Liz

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Andy

lizgrisham1990- First, welcome to the boards!  We're happy to have you here 😄

For your answer, I actually don't believe that there should be a difference between an auction and an Express Checkout.  Feedback is feedback.  So I'm more inclined to believe it was a....hiccup...in our systems.  The hold should release within about a day of the feedback being left, so if this should happen in the future and it doesn't release, give us a call.  If we can check the feedback, we'll get it taken care of!

Andy

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Andy!

Login to Me Too

HerringShop
Contributor
Contributor

I'm hoping you can help answer a question of mine. I've had my ppal account over a year. 100% feedback, no complaints through ebay or ppal, no neutrals, nothing. ALWAYS ship within 24-48 after payment. Only time it's 48 hours is if it's the weekend and the Post Office isn't opened. Anyway, all of a sudden I'm subject to the policy hold. Ok, I understand, ppal has reasons for doing what they do, I can live with that. Reading the policy it states that the holds will be lifted after 1). A buyer leaves positive feedback --OR-- 2). At least 3 days pass after date of delivery to give buyers a chance to complain or not. I have several items which are confirmable through ppal shipping as delivered over 11 days ago. Why are the holds still in place on these items? I print/ship through ebay/ppal. Everything is verifiable. What else can I do to receive the funds I'm entitled to more promptly? Why are the rules not applying to my account? Thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

lizgrisham1990
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi Herring, Just as Andy told me, sometimes their system .. "Hiccups"..   rather, has a Delay. It's surely understandable knowing the ammount of Data PayPal servers has to process. Just give them a call, I bet they'll release the hold for you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.