Paid Invoice w/o Corresponding Record of Payment

Moskose
Contributor
Contributor

I sent an invoice to an individual and when I download my history, (tab delimited, all transactions), there is a record on the day the invoice was sent that notes that the invoice was sent and has been paid and the balance impact is noted as Memo.  In all previous and subsequent cases where an invoice has been paid, there is a corresponding transaction in the history download with the balance impact noted as a credit.  There is no corresponding transaction in the history download for this specific invoice

I also can't find an email from PayPal confirming that this invoice was paid and when I search history, nothing comes up.

In other words, the PayPal log says this was paid but I can find no actual record of the payment or a transaction that impacted the account balance. 

Where could this payment have gone to?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

bjohn1949
Contributor
Contributor

I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST.  I SOLD 2 ITEMS ON EBAY RECENTLY, THE BUYERS PAID AND PAYPAL IS ACTING LIKE THEY DON'T KNOW WHERE MY MONEY WENT TO.  I SPENT AN HOUR ON THE PHONE AND FINALLY GOT THE 1ST PAYMENT.  NOW WITH THE 2ND ONE THEY HAVE NO RECORD OF A PAYMENT BUT EBAY SAYS THEY HAVE IT AND I KNOW MY BUYER PAID IT.  IT'S GETTING SO BAD I HAD TO ASK HAD THEY SOLD THE COMPANY OR CHANGED MANAGEMENT.  ANYBODY KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THEM.  PLEASE GIVE ME A HEADS UP BECAUSE I AM REALLY DREADING SPENDING HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH SUPPORT.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.