Not getting some payment notification emails

dmoser22
New Community Member

I get PayPal payments about 5-10 times a week, but there have several payments in the last few weeks for which I did not receive any email notification.  Usually I use that email to let me know that I need to ship orders, so some things were shipped late because I did not realize that they had paid until a couple of days had passed.  If checked my deleted mail, junk mail, spam-filtered mail, etc., and they're not in any of those places either.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Any advice?

Login to Me Too
261 REPLIES 261

kstaples2
New Community Member

I am having the same problem.  It's a bit awkward. I'll be watching thread for a resolution.

Login to Me Too

tictactogs
Contributor
Contributor

I have been having the same problem!  Usually I receive an email informing me of payment; once in a while I do not.  Today, out of three sales, two were missing the email notification.  This is very inconvenient for my business to have to log into PayPal and see who's paid or not.  Obviously, I am not the only one with this problem.  When will this issue be resolved?

Login to Me Too

ARSF
Contributor
Contributor

Over 1 week ago I added a new email address <Y@blah.org> to my PayPal profile, confirmed it, then set that address as "primary".  When payments are made (no items sold, this is a charity so we receive straight donations), notices are going to the email address <X@blah.org> formerly marked "primary", which also happens to be the UserId of the PayPal account.  Have set "@paypal.com" on my list of trusted email.

How do I make notifications go to the (new) email address <Y@blah.org> that is marked as "primary" but not receiving any notifications?

Login to Me Too

OregonGlass

I did this recently.  You have to change the contact information on your ebay ads.  If you have many, you can edit them several at a time.  I have a lot, so I actually edited 100 at a time.  You go to my ebay, all selling, active.  Then check the boxes you want to change (the top one checks all on the page).  Then the edit button at the top. I forget the exact sequence, but edit payment information and then edit PayPal.  If you need to, you can call Pay Pal and they will walk you through it.

Login to Me Too

snowlady1
Contributor
Contributor

Regarding Oregon's advice about changing contact info on eBay ads: I have no idea what you're talking about. Maybe I'm dumb, but after 10 years of selling thousands of items on eBay, I've never had any contact info on my listings on eBay. Because the Buyers simply click Contact Seller, and communicate through the eBay system.

The last couple months are the first times I've ever had this problem about not receiving PayPal payment notifications! And nothing on my end has changed, whatsoever.

If PayPal plans on staying #1 with online payments, and keeping the eBay site afloat, there better start being some improvement, quickly. TRUST IS EVERYTHING with an online payment service. Wouldn't you all agree?

Login to Me Too

copMom
Contributor
Contributor

My issue has nothing to do with eBay or invoices.  On my website I have an order form (this is considered a shopping cart) in which the customer fills in what they are ordering, and as our items are personalized for each of them, they fill in what they want printed.  Then they click a submit button which takes them to PayPal's Virtual Terminal.  They can either pay through PayPal IF they have an account, OR just use a credit card.  They fill in their payment info., and then NORMALLY the customer and I both get an email from PayPal with the subject "notification of payment received",  When I get that email, I send the customer an email with a confirmation of their order.  This is the way it's always happened until this past October.  When I don't get that notification email from PayPal, I have no knowledge that there has been a payment made or an order, so now, as stated previously, I have to log into my PayPal account, click on payments received, and then there's a list of customers and payments.  Then I click on 'details', and that's where I find what they ordered and what they want printed.  Used to be able to trust PayPal to do this, but not anymore.  It's a shame that something that used to work great stopped working properly.  I really do wish they'd solve this situation.  Can't help but wonder if most of their efforts are geared towards eBay instead of regular web sites with shopping carts. 

OH, as for my 'shopping cart'.. that was made FOR me to work with PayPal by one of this communities moderators a couple of years ago, and he did a great job!!  So it's definately something PayPal has changed, not something we're doing wrong!

Login to Me Too

mabloodhound
Contributor
Contributor

As I said earlier my new website is set up with Paypal buttons, no shopping cart as I only have a few items.   Now I don't know if I'll get a notice when someone orders something or not.   This is very troubling as a new vendor I don't want to alienate my customers but I suppose I could explain on my website about Paypal's shortcomings and have each customer e-mail me.   But then why should I allow Paypal to charge me fees for the transaction if they are only doing half the job.   The more I think about this maybe I should set up Propay instead and handle credit cards myself.

Login to Me Too

snowlady1
Contributor
Contributor

These types of issues are similar to continual eBay problems. And I doubt they're putting all their efforts into eBay; eBay is FULL of bugs, and it will take months to get them fixed (if at all). No one on eBay ever acknowledges any eBay errors or issues anymore, publicly. They used to have a system board on which they fairly quickly would post site issues, but that's gone now, too.

I do hope that this problem will be resolved soon. It seems so antiquated to have to log on to PayPal just to see if you have any orders or payments!

Login to Me Too

superfuzed
Contributor
Contributor

It's not over yet folks .... just started happening today. I check the paypal account frequently, as I can't rely on emails arriving in a trustworthy fashion as I could a few months ago, and while I was going through all the ones that were sent to the WRONG email address in our profile, I found one that was not received by us at all.

Now I get to keep my eyes peeled for pretty much emails going to or not going to any email address (or none at all)!

I'm sure this is just more of Ebay/Paypal making life easier for us and streamlining our business though.

They ALWAYS know what's best for all of us!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.