Ebay purchase using Paypal question, Still no funds???

clr
New Community Member

I'm new to selling on Ebay, I have a buyer who is trying to buy through his paypal account, he is getting a message that I have not claimed the funds, but I see nothing like that on my end, I have been communicating w/ my buyer on the phon try to resolve the issue, I don't believe he is a scammer. I have no problem with purchases w/ credit cards, just this payment with a paypal account. Thanks for any info in advance, Chad

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Siany
New Community Member

I am having the same problem but I'm the buyer. Any ideas on how to resolve this? I've tried cancelling the payment and making it again but still the same problem occurs.

@clr wrote:

I'm new to selling on Ebay, I have a buyer who is trying to buy through his paypal account, he is getting a message that I have not claimed the funds, but I see nothing like that on my end, I have been communicating w/ my buyer on the phon try to resolve the issue, I don't believe he is a scammer. I have no problem with purchases w/ credit cards, just this payment with a paypal account. Thanks for any info in advance, Chad

Login to Me Too

Fraudster007
Contributor
Contributor

This is likely what is happening:

Your eBay account is set up to send the money to a specific email address when your item has been paid for. If that email address isn't currently on a PayPal account, or it is on a PayPal account but it isn't confirmed, the money will go into an unclaimed payment status. As the person receiving the money, you first need to determine what email address eBay routed the money to. If it's an email address that IS on your PayPal account, then check to see if the email address is confirmed. Confirming an email address consists of PayPal sending you an email to that inbox and you simply clicking on a link within that email which proves you own that email address.

To check which email address your eBay account is sending the money to: (wthin My eBay) Account > PayPal Account

To check the email addresses on your PayPal account: Profile > Add or Edit Email Address

If you determine that the email address the money was sent to isn't on any PayPal account, simply add it to your PayPal account (you can have up to 8 active on the account at any time) and confirm it and the money will come in. If it turns out that that email address is an old one that cannot be confirmed (because you can't check the inbox) then the buyer can cancel the payment, or it will automatically be canceled after 30 days and you can update your eBay account to be connected with the appropriate email address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.