Invoicing API: Attach invoice PDF to email?

Eleven41
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am using the PayPal Invoicing API to send invoices to my customers.

I have some customers whose A/P teams use automated invoice processing software that'll read an attached PDF to an invoice email. They have requested that a PDF copy of the invoice be attached to the email that PayPal sends them otherwise the PayPal email gets rejected by their automated system.

I know that you can attach files to the invoice. However, this is not that. I need a PDF copy of the invoice attached to the sent email.

Is there an option to do this?

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

NguyenAn
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Invoicing API: Attach invoice PDF to email?
Login to Me Too

Eleven41
Contributor
Contributor

@JackieDaytona wrote:

Why not send it to the printer via PHP and have the default printer set to PDF ?

Unfortunately, that won't solve my problem.

I don't need the PDF myself. My customer needs it. The problem is getting that PDF to the customer in a way their automated Accounts Payable systems can process it.

If I generate a PDF, the best I can do is attach that to the PayPal invoice. So it's a PDF attached to itself. The recipient still needs to click the link in the email to view the invoice and download that PDF. The automated A/P systems won't do that.

So I need the PDF attached to the actual email that PayPal sends. There's no way to do that using PayPal APIs.

Login to Me Too

Temp20201222

Following as I am also looking for this feature

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.