Instant Payment Notification url is never called after payment

vmoravec
Contributor
Contributor

About 2 months back, it suddenly happened that the Instant Payment Notification return URL stopped calling after payment. Nothing changed anywhere, the IPN call is still on. In the payment detail I can see that the url tries to call, but it is never called, which I can also see from the accesslog. At the same time no error message is returned. The url is available by default and there is no problem in its accessibility. Any idea?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MTS_Chiranjeevi

Good day @vmoravec,

Thank you for posting to the PayPal community.

IPN failures typically fall into the following categories:

If you do not receive any IPN messages from PayPal, please refer the detailed guide link to resolve the issue.

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/notifications/ipn/IPNTesting/?mark=ipn%20trou#ipn-troub...

Please contact your website developer or third party eCommerce support to cross check your IPN listener server, to receive IPN responses from PayPal system.

Merchants should handle their IPN server script code and return 200 OK to PayPa system.

If you see many Failed or Retrying entries, not sending HTTP 200 OK responses is probably causing your IPN delays. To fix this, go through your server logs to determine why HTTP 200 OK responses are not being sent and fix your listener. Once your listener is sending HTTP 200 OK responses as required, PayPal posts IPNs from the faster-cycling server.

PayPal system sends the IPN response payload to the specific IPN listener endpoint URL. If your(merchant) IPN listener server fails to send HTTP 200 OK response, PayPal system will retry sending the IPN details for 16 times by auto alerting the merchant via email alert.

If your still facing any issues, please create a MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detail information and error details.

Sincerely,

Chiranjeevi

PayPal/Braintree MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.