How to use direct payment REST API for indian business account.

Pradip1103
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am using paypal for direct payment through credit/debit card, for that  i have used REST API call.

i have indian business account also have same merchant account. its working fine on sandbox but while we tried on live environment paypal returning error 

"The merchant country is not supported.".  so how do i use same service in india? is there any alternatives to use the same?

please suggest.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Unfortunately, there is no direct credit card option for India. You can use Express Checkout, though, and it should allow for "Guest Checkout", which does not require people log in to a PayPal account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Pradip1103
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

In paypal doc they have clearly mentioned "Important: This integration method is deprecated as of January 1, 2017 (Express Checkout method)" .

so can i use REST call for complete the transactions?? is it possible??

i have used paypal/rest-api-sdk-php also using API for storing credit card in vault and, using same card token for transactions.

for payment i am using "/v1/payments/payment". will it works or need another way??

Please suggest.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.