Can I use hosted fields for subscriptions?

VixieTSQ
Contributor
Contributor

Hosted fields only accept an order id, and I don't think it's possible to get an order id out of a subscription or plan in anyway. Am I missing something or is this simply not allowed, and I must only create subscriptions through the buttons component?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

OUSS-MAN
New Community Member
It sounds like you're dealing with a limitation in the payment processing system. Typically, hosted fields are designed to accept an order ID to process payments. If subscriptions or plans don't generate order IDs, you might indeed need to create subscriptions through a different component like buttons. You could also explore if there are any workarounds or alternative methods provided by the payment processor or platform you're using
Login to Me Too

VixieTSQ
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response! My integration is completely manual. And I think you're correct that this is just a hard limitation. So I'm going to try integrating Braintree instead, the PayPal subsidiary. I think the PayPal API uses Braintree under the hood, at least in certain spots. So Braintree looks to be the lower level option, which I think will work better for my use case.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.