BN Number not available in live app

Matt20687
Contributor
Contributor

I have some development work being done and we have hit a stumbling block as my developer needs the BN Code which seems to only be available in sandbox on my account.

I signed up to the PayPal partners which I did 2 weeks ago, not sure if it worked or not or how long it takes. I have a PayPal business account too. I raised a ticket to the PayPal Developer helpdesk and they said its nothing to do with them to just go to normal support.

Does anyone know how I can go about getting the BN Code I can use in Sandbox also in Live?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Clare_K
New Community Member

Would love to know how you solved this. I’m having the same issue but everyone I talk to at PayPal says that the BN code is nothing to do with them!

Login to Me Too

vaishnavib

Good day @Matt20687,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum.

PayPal-Partner-Attribution-Id:  Identifies the caller as a PayPal partner. To receive revenue attribution, specify a unique build notation (BN) code. BN codes provide tracking on all transactions that originate or are associated with a particular partner. To find your BN code, see Code and Credential Reference

BN code: Used in your API requests to identify the caller as a PayPal partner. Required for PayPal reporting. See PayPal-Partner-Attribution-Id for more information.

You should be able to access the sandbox BN code.

To get the LIVE BN code, you need to have a managed account and undergo a process. If your account is managed then you can check with your Account Manager, if not then you can first apply for PayPal Marketplace via the page below and wait for our relevant department's further response.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/partner-program/contact-us?ref=marketplace

Once applied, the relevant department will review your business details and contact you directly.

If you still facing issues, please create an MTS ticket via - https://www.paypal-support.com/s/?language=en_US  with the detailed information and error details.

Sincerely,

Vaishnavi

PayPal MTS

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.