Need direct deposit. Question about switching from Business Debit card to PayPal Cash Card.

Malfait
Contributor
Contributor

So I have the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard. I understand that in order to set up direct deposit into my PayPal account, I need to cancel my business debit card and get the Cash Card instead. My account does say it’s a PayPal Cash Plus account.

My question is, will there be any pause to my ability to access my PayPal funds when I cancel my business card and sign up for the cash card? If so, what kind of pause can I expect (a day, a week...?). Are there benefits that I have with my business debit card that I will lose if I cancel it and switch to the cash card, and if so, what are they?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Malfait 

It will affect your access by debit card in the interim when you no longer have use of your business debit card of course and switching over to PayPal cash card. Should be about a week for you to get your card in the mail.

You won't be able to link a back up funding source to PayPal cash card and lose the 1% cashback for the time being. Policy may be changing for that in the future if the recent new PayPal policy update is any indication.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Malfait 

It will affect your access by debit card in the interim when you no longer have use of your business debit card of course and switching over to PayPal cash card. Should be about a week for you to get your card in the mail.

You won't be able to link a back up funding source to PayPal cash card and lose the 1% cashback for the time being. Policy may be changing for that in the future if the recent new PayPal policy update is any indication.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.