Active Dispute - Wrong Item Received

bobgoblin
New Community Member

I ordered an electronic item for over $200 USD, and the item was supposed to ship in 48 hours, and several days went by so I began emailing the seller.  After no responses from the seller, I opened a dispute.  The seller then provides me with a tracking number for the item, and I am in USA, and it was coming from CHINA.  Item was delivered yesterday, but I ordered an electronic item, and what was delivered was a cheap plastic Iphone 11 phone case.  DEF NOT what was ordered.

My question here, is I do not see a way to update my dispute with this new information.  The seller has already been unresponsive when I emailed them initially.  What do I need to do here?  Must I wait for PayPal to remediate the active dispute, then open a new dispute regarding the item received is not the item I ordered?

How do I handle this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same thing. I managed to speak to someone on the phone and they opened another case as item not as described. The item gad to be returned to China (it's still in transit) then hopefully get my refund.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.