PayPal Business Debit MasterCard NO LONGER works with Apple Pay!?!?

Temp20201118
Contributor
Contributor

So FINALLY in 2018 we FINALLY get Apple Pay support with the PayPal Business Debit MasterCard...still waiting for the PayPal Cashback Mastercard to support...now it's 2020 and they've ADDED support for other wallets (Google Pay, Samsung Pay, FitBit Pay (whatever that is)).

My card expired and the replacement card CANNOT BE ADDED TO Apple Pay!!!

In contacting support they say that Apple Pay support was always "temporary" ... really? Like Google and Samsung? What even is FitBit Pay? I've never heard of it yet there are multiple millions of apple devices with Apple Pay NOT SUPPORTED?!?

On top of this, when you search in the PayPal Business debit card help for Apple Pay, the search results gives you how to add to Google Pay...not one reference to Apple Pay, it has been deleted and there is NO EXPLANATION for no longer supporting.

--My guess is, Apple now has their own credit card, so they pose as a competitive threat to PayPal. Ok, then, I guess I'll apply for that and dump PayPal!

I took for effing ever to get apply pay support and now they've just dropped it and continue to support other NFC options.

Ok PayPal, drop support for google and Samsung pay also and see how much of a blowback you get!

PayPal, get a clue, millions of us want Apple Pay for 2 reasons: 1) we prefer their privacy policy 2) we prefer to pay contactless with our phone or watch!!! (Especially right now). Get it right!

I'm so tired of the b.s. trying to get Apple Pay, and for POS terminals to support running as credit WITHOUT entering PIN. NO SWIPE, NO TOUCH, NO PIN, NO SIGN, APPLE PAY (privacy policies), catch up to the 21st century US of A!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

madpacket
New Community Member

Same here, so infuriating!

My old PP debit card worked fine with Apple Pay for years.  

That card just expired.  Activated the new one, and it works fine at stores,

BUT CANNOT add new card to Apple Pay!

It looks like the exact same card, but just with an updated date and 3-digit secret code.  

So disappointing.

Login to Me Too

madpacket
New Community Member

To make matters even worse, I tried chatting with PayPal today and described my problem.  After waiting 5-10 minutes for a response, the chatbot / trainee says "sorry your card is giving you problems, we will send you a new one!" and got an email saying my current card has been deactivated.

Thanks, PayPal. 

I think I will get rid of PayPal now.  Too many headaches.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.