Pay In 4 Going to Be Global

Hello, I've been searching throughout PayPal to find out information in regards to the PayPal Pay In 4, Buy Now Pay Later.  I believe it is available in France at the moment.  We are located in Australia and are on the verge of launching our branded streetwear using Shopify and was looking for a BNPL app.  We set our store to USD knowing that it is the most universally recognised currency and signed up for Afterpay recently.  A couple of weeks later we received an email that as we had signed up for Afterpay in Australia the currency on our website needs to be set to AUD which will allow a crossborder with AU, NZ, UK, and Canada but unfortunately no sales allowed outside of these 4 countries. Or we can apply to get the account set up for USD which means we can only sell in USA.  Not what we wanted.  We ideally wanted to sell in all these countries and the US and Germany with the goal to expand when we can.  We were told about PayPal's Pay in 4 and have registered interest on the website.  Does anyone know if this will have a similar outcome as Afterpay with limited Crossborders, or only one for each account?  We are trying to avoid setting up multiple domain names/shopify stores with all the fees that come with it.  Appreciate any advice, thank you. Pay in 4 in Australia? Pay in 4 Buy now pay later 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristelLeilani wrote:

Hi @sharpiemarker thinking a bit more in regards to your last response. We are a POD (Print on Demand) business located in Australia, but our POD Manufacturers are located in USA, Mexico, Latvia, China, and Australia and ship directly to our customers.  We don't handle any stock/orders.  Is that ok with the Pay in 4?  We have set up a business account with Paypal, but we haven't integrated as yet.  Will that still allow us to offer other payments like Google Pay, Apple Pay, Shop Pay, etc or does Paypal become the only form of payment accepted? 

Can’t see why not, you accept PayPal payments through your one online shop and the payments go to your one PayPal account. The BNPL plans, PayPal Credit, Pay After Delivery (for countries that still have it), is all built in to the PayPal checkout technology so these options show only in countries where it’s applicable. Alternative payment methods (APM) you mention can also be integrated too:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/business/payment-methods/

Not sure but I think Apple Pay, Google pay might be separate integration. I’ll have to check that one.

PayPal Alternative Payment Methods Terms

It says “if integrated”.

See which e-commerce store/payment service provider that lets you integrate with Apple Pay in AU:

https://developer.apple.com/apple-pay/payment-platforms/

For Google Pay:

https://developers.google.com/pay/api/

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristelLeilani 

The Buy Now Pay Later plans are built in to PayPal checkout so when current and new markets begin to have it, it’s automatically offered to the buyer to apply as payment method when they pay.

All you got to do is integrate your online shop with PayPal checkout option. 

Transactions can be made in all currencies that PayPal supports. For transactions not in USD, for example, PayPal will automatically convert the transaction amount to USD at checkout before providing buyer with the Pay in 4 plan. Currency conversion charges will apply as set out in the PayPal User Agreement.

If your business is completely operating out of the AU only, you don’t need to open multiple non-AU PayPal accounts.

Login to Me Too

Hello @sharpiemarker thank you so much for your superfast response 🙂 Can we integrate it to our store even though we are based in Australia and is there anyway to find out what countries it is currently available in so that we know and can provide this in our FAQ for our Customer Support?

Warm regards,
Christel

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristelLeilani wrote:

Hello @sharpiemarker thank you so much for your superfast response 🙂 Can we integrate it to our store even though we are based in Australia and is there anyway to find out what countries it is currently available in so that we know and can provide this in our FAQ for our Customer Support?

Warm regards,
Christel

Yes, just integrate PayPal checkout as usual. PayPal customers from overseas with use BNPL plans PayPal offers them.

You mean a list of countries currently or will have have PayPal BNPL plans?  So far US, UK (Pay In 3) and now FR has it but there’s no “list”. What I recommend in your FAQs is to promote that PayPal has PayPal in 4 or 3 available and to look for it during PayPal checkout. Kinda like a all-purpose thing.

Login to Me Too

Thank you @sharpiemarker such a huge help and so very appreciated.  Have a great weekend. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristelLeilani wrote:

Thank you @sharpiemarker such a huge help and so very appreciated.  Have a great weekend. 

You’re welcome. You too! 🙂

Login to Me Too

Hi @sharpiemarker thinking a bit more in regards to your last response. We are a POD (Print on Demand) business located in Australia, but our POD Manufacturers are located in USA, Mexico, Latvia, China, and Australia and ship directly to our customers.  We don't handle any stock/orders.  Is that ok with the Pay in 4?  We have set up a business account with Paypal, but we haven't integrated as yet.  Will that still allow us to offer other payments like Google Pay, Apple Pay, Shop Pay, etc or does Paypal become the only form of payment accepted? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristelLeilani wrote:

Can’t see why not, you accept PayPal payments through your one online shop and the payments go to your one PayPal account. The BNPL plans, PayPal Credit, Pay After Delivery (for countries that still have it), is all built in to the PayPal checkout technology so these options show only in countries where it’s applicable. Alternative payment methods (APM) you mention can also be integrated too:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/business/payment-methods/

Not sure but I think Apple Pay, Google pay might be separate integration. I’ll have to check that one.

PayPal Alternative Payment Methods Terms

It says “if integrated”.

See which e-commerce store/payment service provider that lets you integrate with Apple Pay in AU:

https://developer.apple.com/apple-pay/payment-platforms/

For Google Pay:

https://developers.google.com/pay/api/

Login to Me Too

Legend @sharpiemarker thank you for your awesome responses 🙂 so very appreciated.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ChristelLeilani 

You’re welcome. 👍😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.