we're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong

ZaktiNox
Contributor
Contributor

Whenever I try to make a instalment payment on a Pay in 3 (Paypal UK) I get this warning "We're sorry, something seems to have gone wrong" I managed to pay off a few instalments before this error started popping up and I have no idea how to proceed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @ZaktiNox 

Welcome back to the PayPal Help Community!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to make the repayments towards the Pay in 3 plan. To provide one of the safest online payment services, PayPal internal security system reviews every transaction before it's approved for possible risk. Multiple attempts may trigger the security system to temporarily block the transactions. I would recommend you to try again at a later date. 

Hope this information helps you,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Monsterpaint
Contributor
Contributor

In my experience this happens because of Paypal's poorly coded systems that fail to go through their security checks. I just got this when trying to transfer money from Paypal to my bank - 'Something seems to have gone wrong'. I believe that this happens when Paypal thinks it should do yet another check to validate you (absolutely ridiculous as you've logged in literally five seconds previously), but the software fails to bring up that check and therefore it just fails the process. I tried again two minutes later and it worked. Other than contacting 'support', who can't do anything because they're not given the tools by Paypal, I've not discovered any way to overcome Paypal's incompetence.

Edited to say, oddly enough, this basic failure to code happens on this very forum! When I submit a post and check 'I'm not a robot', it fails to post and says 'verification failed'. It only failed because it didn't bring up the image grid and give me a chance to complete the verification. It's exactly the same on the site. The transactions fail when Paypal tries to verify you but doesn't give you the chance to perform that verification. And of course Paypal don't care because they hold the customer in contempt.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.