paypal credit cancelled my autopay that i had for ages and reversed my payment

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

on 9/20/23 my payment was made and got the notification that it was successful on 9/21/23. My account is setup with autopay and has been for many years. once i got the notification on 9/21/23, i called paypal credit for payment allocation. 5 minutes after i was done with the call, i got an email from paypal saying that my autopay was cancelled, payment was reversed, and I may be charged a fee. I got worried and notified paypal and paypal credit. they have no idea what's going on and started pointing fingers at each other. I spent about 10 hours in total withing 24 hours with no resolution. 

Paypal nor Paypal credit is not helping me out at all. What can i do? At this point I may have to close my account permanently. I just want to finish paying off my paypal credit and remove this nighmare for good.

Login to Me Too
29 REPLIES 29

dmdilks
Contributor
Contributor

I just had it happen again. This is the 2nd time for me. I have been using the same bank account since 01/2002. I have auto pay for my Hulu account with PayPal. I haven't had any problems with it either. Been using the auto pay for years with PayPal Credit too.

Plus the last time they said the were going charge me a late fee. It showed up and then it was gone. They know they are having a problems because the person I talk too. Said they were having technical issues.

The Mod is telling people to talk PayPal credit. Ok right!!! When they are basically telling people sorry to bad to sad for your problem. It isn't our problem it is yours check with your bank. You know the one that is working fine with PayPal.

I did try to just make a payment to what happens. Plus the next step for me isn't talking to PayPal Credit it is going to be PayPal itself. To find out what is going on here. Let them address the issue because we are using PayPal to pay PayPal Credit.

Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

UNBELIEVABLE they closed my account and charged me interest. LMAO WTF is going on!!!

Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Guys,

if you get late fee for their technical issues for the 2nd time, your account will get closed. I just found out about an hour ago. contact paypal credit right away. They have also reported to the credit bureau that you've been making late payments. have them correct these mistakes as it will hurt your credit.

Don

Login to Me Too

dmdilks
Contributor
Contributor

The auto pay is broke. I just paid with the same payment from the bank the auto pay is setup too. So for now on I'll just make payments instead of auto pay. Yes they charge me a late fee too. I'm going to call them and see what they have to say. I'll let people know what they have to say.

Login to Me Too

Tiredcustomer
I had the exact same issue both in September and October with PayPal credit. I have spent countless days and hours on the phone with both PayPal and the PayPal credit synchrony bank customer service representatives and majority of them have been less than helpful with this situation. I too had my PayPal credit account closed due to the two rejected payments. At one point I had a customer service manager from synchrony bank yell at me because she was adamant that the issue lies with me and it has nothing to do with PayPal or PayPal credit. At this point I am completely done and have lost all faith in their ability to correct whatever the issue is . I have not seen anything negative on my credit report as of yet, but I will definitely be seeking legal counsel if that, in fact, happens because my payment history with all of my credit accounts is spotless and I refuse to let a system error from PayPal credit change that. The way that this issue is being handled by PayPal credit is less than professional, and the constant pointing of the finger to one another between PayPal and PayPal credit is ridiculous. I truly hope they figure out whatever is going on with their system because if other customers are as frustrated with this issue as I am, I can imagine that they are going to have a lot of angry customers on their hands
Login to Me Too

dmdilks
Contributor
Contributor

I just went and check my account. It has been close too. I'll let them take me to court. They will lose because I'll show the court what they did.

What I see what is happening here is they are not making any money off of US. I bet all the people that use it where they give you 6 months or more to pay for things. I bet they set it up where those people they are getting rid of for not paying any interest. 

The auto pay doesn't work, but we can make the payment with the same account through PayPal. The bank I have been using since 01/17/2002

Your auto pay has been canceled due to issues with your funding account 10/26/2023

Your payment has been applied to your PayPal Credit account balance.10/27/2023

Login to Me Too

oneangrycusomer
Contributor
Contributor

So far I have not seen any negative impact to my credit but we'll see. I've called experian and other credit bearues and they said if it does impact it, file a dispute. Experian is aware of the issue paypal credit is facing as I reported the problem to them. hope they actually documented it. 

Not your fault at all. it's definitely paypal and paypal credit having payment issues. If you guys check BBB and Synchrony bank reviews on amazon, there are many others that are impacted by this. It's ridiculous they aren't doing anything to resolve this. Synchrony should have never taken over paypal credit. 

if your account is closed, contact paypal credit and have them re-open it as it's their fault. they did to mine

Login to Me Too

schwartzy13
Contributor
Contributor
OMG. They just did it to me again this month!! I literally set up autopay AGAIN the last time this ridiculous, inexplicable PayPal error occurred - they can’t simply play around with my credit and finances like this!! It’s so unfair!! Now I have to waste my time again today calling them to make sure they didn’t report this to bureaus, that they log the fact this was their mistake AGAIN, etc… If they dare to even threaten to close my account for this issue that is so obviously their mistake - I’m going to make sure nobody I know uses a Synchrony card ever again!!
Login to Me Too

schwartzy13
Contributor
Contributor
I haven’t hardly even touched my PayPal card since the last time they pulled this with me… of course some random yearly subscription got charged to this card (because this used to be my favorite card before they started RANDOMLY FAILING TO FULFILL MY AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS) - and then it didn’t autopay the minimum balance again!! Unbelievable!!
Login to Me Too

dmdilks
Contributor
Contributor

They close the account on me and so far nothing on the credit report. The auto pay is broken. I'm paying them off. Still using the same bank that have I been using for 20yrs with PayPal. You can make a payment just not with the auto play.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.