pay later charged me full amount.

fabsx
Contributor
Contributor

hello, I just bought a smartphone and selected the pay monthly plan, but PayPal charged me the full amount. I can't pay the full amount, I need the money back, this is awful. The only way I was going to be able to pay was doing it monthly in small amounts. I would like a refund please, it's urgent.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fabsx 

Reach out to the merchant and request a cancellation of your order and a refund to be issued?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

eddievegas
Contributor
Contributor
My question was not answered and even went off the subject. No way can a human be that far off. As I state. PayPal never does anything right, and you get treated like how dare you tell the truth on our company. Then at the end it says. Give a kudo if you’re happy with the answer. I’m 61 years old. Been with PayPal 23 years. A seller business account. And personal. I remember when PayPal was top notch. The customer service was perfect. Now! It’s like you work for them. Not PayPal works for us. Last I knew. They get paid by me.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eddievegas

Then at the end it says. Give a kudo if you’re happy with the answer. I’

You referring to my post by any chance? You do know I don't work for paypal don't you?

There are ranks in this forum, you are a contributor, I am an advisor others are members so if I work for paypal then you must do as well !!

Secondly couldn't care how old you are as that is completely irrelevant.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

fabsx
Contributor
Contributor
I've asked for refund and it's been pending for 2 days on Paypal. I'm lucky the store is good with good reputation. I've always known that PayPal is a **bleep** service. I bought a smartphone for 713 euros and selected pay monthly and it even said something like 33 euros a month but PayPal went ahead and pulled the whole 713. Cool as soon as the refund is done, I'm deleting this account. **bleep** service.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fabsx 

Pending refunds can only happen for two reasons.

1. The seller has issued a refund from their bank account which takes time to process. As soon as paypal receive the funds they pass it on to you. How long that is depends on the senders banks processing times.

2. You funded the payment to the seller using bank transfer. What PayPal do here is credit the recipient on your behalf (so there is no delay in despatching your item). Then if you receive a refund in the meantime they are unable to issue this until the original bank transfer completes.

https://www.paypal.com/cshelp/article/where-is-my-refund-help130

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

eddievegas
Contributor
Contributor

Kernowlass, do you have a life> or you just reply to every question with a dumb reply?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@eddievegas 

Well if that 'dumb reply' saves someone from being scammed (as thousands have already)l OR helps them understand how long refunds sometimes take OR helps someone get their money back then I will continue with my dumb replies thanks.  😁

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.