#bonus #helpme #confused

2023To2024
New Community Member

I got approved for the PayPal master card and was curious to know when will I receive that $50 sign-up bonus? #Paypal Promotions

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

skaizun
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same question. I presumed that details would follow at some point during the sign-up process, but, no such luck. I scoured the Paypal website, but could not find anything relevant. I called customer service, but, having spent nearly 5 minutes just wading through their 'bot, I waited another 5 for a human customer service person, and hung up after the Nth, annoying, muzak-interrupting, "All our representatives blah-blah-blah," with no estimated wait time or call-back option given. So, I searched the web in more general terms, and found the NerdWallet website which had a relevant page dated March 2023 (https://www.nerdwallet.com/reviews/credit-cards/paypal-cashback) that states the following: "Earn a $200 cash rewards bonus after spending $500 in purchases in the first 3 months."  My guess is that the bonus changes, depending on current economics, payouts (i.e., too many, and Paypal may reduce or eliminate the bonus), and other factors. So, the bonus is, probably, valid, even if the amount is different. My only advice is to use the Cashback credit card as much as possible within the next three months, and hope for the best! (n.b., I've had bank bonus offers, where, after reaching the bonus threshold, I had to wait another 1-3 months to get the corresponding bonus, so, Paypal may have something similar; again, without having been given any details on their site, it's impossible to tell; BTW, they don't answer specific questions on social media or their own chat, and, obviously, they don't have good phone customer service, so, getting info from them is like getting your teeth pulled!)

Login to Me Too

Anonimo333
Contributor
Contributor
I signed up for this card in November of last year and when I called just now to check the status of me $200 bonus (for spending $1500 in the first six months), I was told that wasn’t a promotion at the time that I signed up, which is a straight-up lie, I wouldn’t have signed up for another credit card without that incentive. I’m shocked at the sneakiness, but I shouldn’t be because this is what these large corporations do-trick you to get your business, then switch up. I’ll be closing this account as soon as the payment for my balance goes through.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @2023To2024 and @skaizun 

Thank you for posting your question in the PayPal Help Community!

I am happy to help you with your inquiry about offers regarding PayPal MasterCard. Any promotional offers related to PayPal MasterCard's will be available in the PayPal site. You can refer this page to know more about PayPal Mastercard products and the offers. You can also refer the Cardholder Agreement by clicking on the particular to learn more about the Rewards Programs Terms.

Hope this information helps,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

skaizun
Contributor
Contributor

Bindu: Since your response did not address either of our comments, and since I saw similar, boilerplate/template, responses, to other questions, I presume you are a bot and that I'm wasting my time typing this. AI sux.

Login to Me Too

Anonimo333
Contributor
Contributor
WORD OF CAUTION: DON’T sign up for this card expecting to get any bonus that you see advertised , I opened my account in November 2023 because I saw that if you spent $1500 in 6 months you would get $200 back in the form of 20,000 points and I just called to get the status of that and was told there was no promotion for that when I signed up. These companies trick you for your business and don’t honor what’s advertised.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.