Zettle Card Number vs Name of Card Holder

ACCF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, our business bought Zettle to use for credit card payments. We are not able to apply the payment to the person's account because we are only able to see the last 4 digits of the card number and not their name or information. Is there a way to display their name instead of the card number to identify?

Login to Me Too
41 REPLIES 41

username456

@PayPal_JonK The "Add Customer" feature is not available anywhere in my app (I have an Android phone and just updated the app.) From what I can tell, there is no way for me to add customer information. I enabled customer lists on the zettle website but I have not been able to get it to work. 

Login to Me Too

BostonNorth1
Contributor
Contributor

This is distressing. I am hosting an event and don't really want to make an investment in these devices if they don't do what I need them to do. I need to know who is donating!

Login to Me Too

jeffwj
Contributor
Contributor

It is a mess.  You won't be able to see any names.

Login to Me Too

MOMMAS
Contributor
Contributor

Oh no! I had the same problem and question after using Zettle the first time this weekend at a fundraising event! We need to have the donor's name connected with the transaction. We did see the ability to add Customer Info during the transaction process (way too involved and time consuming for use when there's a line of people waiting to run their credit card). But even for the transactions we did add customer info to, none of that info is appearing in the reports we can download from Zettle or PayPal! This is terrible.  Must have the customer's name attached to the transaction and available in Reports download. I'm very discouraged to see this has been a problem already brought to their attention for a while and it still remains an issue now that they have fully forced migration to Zettle and shut down PayPal Here. 

Login to Me Too

MOMMAS
Contributor
Contributor

I'm looking back into this issue as I again have an in person event at which I would like to accept credit card payments, and nothing has changed. Most software programs have ways to submit feedback for developers to improve the functionality of the service or product.  I saw no way of doing this with Zettle.  I contacted customer support through PayPal Help (https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/contact-us). And submitted my issues with Zettle in the "Message Us" feature.  Got this response: 

What you're describing is a pain point that I've heard from other users. Merchants like yourself, in some cases, truly need customer information attached via the receipts and in reporting. At the moment this is not a feature that we have rolled out, but this is a feature I personally want to see be realized. I submit thorough feedback each time I receive this complaints. I am hoping that with enough users asking for the same feature we can see that become a later update.

Sharing this here to encourage others to submit your complaints / feedback about Zettle to PayPal for consideration by the developers. 

Login to Me Too

mallarmemusic
New Community Member

Same problem here.  We just had an event where we took orders for subscriptions, and there's no way to see who ordered.  We have to keep track with pen and paper, which makes this a pretty unwieldy method of payment for any non-profit or arts organization.

Login to Me Too

ascecuba
Contributor
Contributor

How does a multi-billion dollar company make an interface that doesn't record the cardholder name?

Login to Me Too

RepairMedia
Contributor
Contributor

Agreed this needs adding ASAP to the application. Should be able to link the customer name and email address to the transaction otherwise its impossible to track.

Login to Me Too

locksalot

Why can't we see our customers names? This is freaking ridiculous!!

Login to Me Too

RepairMedia
Contributor
Contributor

Update for you all! - This feature finally got added!

https://www.zettle.com/gb/help/articles/2442005-zettle-customer-lists

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.