Unable to send money

Paul357b
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a Paypal account for several years and have never had any problems with it until now. I have only ever used it to make online purchases from retail sites, where there is a Paypal paying option, and when I click the button, I am redirected to my Paypal account in which I enter my email address and password, and then the transaction goes through without any trouble. Recently however, I attempted to send a relatively small amount of money to another Paypal account holder, using their email address. After logging in, I clicked the button to "Send Money" and then entered the recipient's email address. I was then taken to a page that showed "£0.00" and the only options listed below this were a button "Next" and one below that for "Cancel". The "Next" button was "greyed-out" and was clearly not available for use, so I was unable to proceed with the transfer. It is perhaps worth mentioning here that my Paypal account is linked to my bank (current) account, and also to my credit card, but the credit card is set as the preferred method of payment. Is it possible that neither of these options are suitable for transferring money in this way? I don't have any account-balance held by Paypal, as I have only ever used the account in the way that I initially described above. I would appreciate it if anyone could either confirm my suspicions here, or offer any other advice as to what the problem is, as I have  a number of items that I am intending to try to sell online as a private seller, and I obviously need a reliable and safe method of receiving payments, as well as being able to send money to other people. Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paul357b 

Enter the amount of money you want to send and then next should show up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Paul357b
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the advice, but this won't work. There is nowhere on the page to enter any amount of money. The "£0.00" to which I referred in my question was in very large font at the top of the page, and was obviously not intended to be altered in any way. I assume that this is just there to show the balance held in my Paypal account. As I said previously, I don't keep any money with Paypal. The only link that I could see that would accept any sort of text-input was a box which said "what is this for?" I assumed that this referred to the reason for the transaction. I did enter something in this box, but I still could not access the "next" button, and therefore could not proceed with the transfer. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.