Unable to add Zettle user

John86y3
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having trouble adding users to Zettle Point of Sale app.

Here's what I've tried:

I add users using the PayPal website.

User gets email invite and sets password.

User can then only login using username - not password.

In the Zettle app, I click Get started. Try to login with username. Spinning circle forever.

Or click "Staff Login." Zettle doesn't accept username and says email/password are invalid. Reset password does not send a link.

Help!!!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@John86y3 @ErinLou1 

I suspect ya’ll need to add staff for Zettle through the Zettle app. Not through your PayPal account. Because the directions to add users are different for PayPal business account and for Zettle:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-add-staff-to-my-paypal-zettle-account-help664

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-manage-users-on-my-business-account-help274

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

PayPal_JonK

Hello @John86y3

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forum! Thanks for letting us know what you've tried so far - I'm sorry to hear those steps aren't working for you. Have you tried from another device or browser? Or potentially clearing your browser's cache and browsing history? If that doesn't help, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Support teams to see what else may be going on. 

My apologies for any inconvenience this has caused, 

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

ErinLou1
Contributor
Contributor
Did you have any luck? I am having the same issue
Login to Me Too
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@John86y3 @ErinLou1 

I suspect ya’ll need to add staff for Zettle through the Zettle app. Not through your PayPal account. Because the directions to add users are different for PayPal business account and for Zettle:

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-add-staff-to-my-paypal-zettle-account-help664

https://www.paypal.com/us/cshelp/article/how-do-i-manage-users-on-my-business-account-help274

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ErinLou1
Contributor
Contributor
Yes, I added the staff member through Zettle and not PayPal and I am having this problem. Also, when I go to my Zettle app, it transfers me to my PayPal account.
Login to Me Too

John86y3
Contributor
Contributor

There is no "Staff account settings" in the app, at least not in mine.

You have to go to my.zettle.com (
instead of PayPal.com)
on the left side look all the way down at the bottom you will see Settings. Click that, then click Staff users.
Add the user.

The user must then follow the link in their email to set up a zettle account.
Then the must go to the app and click "Staff login." The regular login in the app is for the main account holder.

The procedure to add users seriously needs some work.

Login to Me Too

marktso
Contributor
Contributor
Had the exact same problem. See how fixed it on the previous page. You have to add the user from the Zettle page not PayPal.
Login to Me Too

davidup
Contributor
Contributor

Did this work?

Registering through Zettle? I have not yet been successful at that. 

I have just had a conversation with a Zettle service rep. There are glitches in the merger between the two companies. The is no fix as yet to this glitch.

that is what I know for now.

Login to Me Too

Jaggcounter
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone found an answer? Not working for me either.

Login to Me Too

marktso
Contributor
Contributor

Stuck also!

I thought I figured it out when I read above in sharpiemarker's link that "Staff can't in to the online Zettle account".  I also get the spinning wheel, "Confirm you're not a robot", repeat repeat when trying on my.zettle.com.  Turns out, I get the *same* behavior logging in to the app under "Staff login".

I've tried adding an account in the app and on the website.  Nothing works.  Has anyone figured this out??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.