Paypal Pay in 4 question.

janp1
Contributor
Contributor

I've purchased something using Paypal Pay in 4. The activity screen on my PayPal account, shows the FULL price of the item as being "authorised" PLUS a separate transaction showing the 1st Pay in 4 payment due also being "authorised". This doesn't mean I'm going to be charged twice for the item, does it? I contacted the seller and they said they cannot see a double charge, and told me to contact Paypal. Thank you for any replies in advance!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@janp1 

The seller is paid in full as the 'loan' is between you and paypal so the full amount is show of what they have authorised to the seller and then the pay in 4 set up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@janp1 

The seller is paid in full as the 'loan' is between you and paypal so the full amount is show of what they have authorised to the seller and then the pay in 4 set up.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

janp1
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much kernowlass!
Login to Me Too

ChiefsDiva
Contributor
Contributor

i just had the same thing happen.  I processed payment and it said total paid and minimum amount due.  I nornally got a message asap setting up my payment plan and did not this time.  I will be checking my bank acount to see what amount went thru.  I also have a message into paypal as the choice does come up on their screen and selelr said she accepts it.  Something has changed on this site for the pay in 4 plan.  ????

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @ChiefsDiva

Welcome! Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. Sorry to hear there's some confusion on how a recent transaction was funded. If you go to your Activity, and click on the transaction, you should see how it's funded in the transaction details. You can also find any active Pay in 4 payment plans within the Pay Later section of your PayPal account. 

I hope that helps!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.