Paypal Credit vs Credit Limit - UPDATE

SocialDeviant

Hello

UPDATE: It is now showing in my Paypal Credit transactions but as double the amount of what the agree is for… almost £4K?! 

I have a PayPal credit limit of £200 which I used most of over Christmas. This evening, I was buying an IMac through the Apple website and financing was available with PayPal Credit. I thought I would chance it as Pay in 3 has worked or me previously even though it exceeded my Paypal Credit limit. 

Basically, it worked. It took me through the Paypal app, asked me over which term I preferred to pay and took me back to the Apple Store where it said my purchase was now complete and I could pick up my order from the store. 

The transaction is showing on the app, but there is no mention of the pay over 24 months part, nor have I had an email confirming the agreement. Just a confirmation email saying I’ve placed the order for the amount of £1800. The email also states I won’t be charged until Apple process my order and the money will be transferred when the seller processes the payment. 

I’m worried when I go to collect the item they will charge me the full amount, or decline the transaction at that point. 

My question is it is possible they have agreed this purchase over 24 months separate to my Paypal credit amount showing on my available balance? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @SocialDeviant,

Welcome to PayPal Community Forum and thank you for posting!

I understand your concern about the PayPal Credit as payment option for over 24 months. For this situation, I would recommend contacting PayPal Credit Team directly so that they can help you accordingly with details by reviewing your account. You should find the contact details in the last quest of this FAQ's.

Regards,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.