Paypal Credit option has disappeared!

TheRealBubzy87
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all. So I have used PayPal Credit with a few websites before. Most recently Argos in December. I am again trying to use Credit with Argos but the option has disappeared within PayPal but Pay In 3 was still there. I then tried another site which I have used it on in the past but have the same problem. I am in the UK if that makes a difference. Could anyone help please?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

SteelersPittFan
Contributor
Contributor

From what I have researched PayPal Credit usually disappears or is not available when you aren't using PayPal very much. 

I use PayPal all the time, was approved in late December for PayPal Credit with a $1200 CL. I have been able to use it everywhere, it's never not been available for me. I maxed it out, made a payment in full but unfortunately for new accounts it takes over 2 weeks for the available credit to come back so I can't use it yet. But it's still showing up as an option for me all the time - I just have to choose another method of payment.

So I don't know how much you use PayPal but if you aren't a regular user expect PayPal Credit to not be available a fair amount.

Login to Me Too

TheRealBubzy87
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the response. I don’t believe this would be the reason for me as PayPal is my go to method of payment. I use it and pay straight back to raise my credit score.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hi everyone! Thanks for visiting PayPal's Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear there's been some issues using PayPal Credit as a funding source. Thank you @SteelersPittFan for your input on this thread! We appreciate it!

@TheRealBubzy87, welcome! Thank you for that additional info. There may be a few reasons as to why a specific funding source isn't showing up for a given transaction. Here are a few Help Center articles you may find useful: 

Why can't I pay with PayPal Credit?

What is PayPal Credit and where can I use it?

Why was my payment declined?

If you're still running into issues after checking those resources, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support teams for assistance. 

Best wishes!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.