PayPal Rewards Mastercard Application Problems

sambzf_99
Contributor
Contributor

I tried to apply for the PayPal Rewards Mastercard last night but I got the error something similar to "Your Transunion credit account is frozen please contact Transunion to unfreeze it and then try again." I double checked that my credit was unfrozen and tried again but got the same error so I decided to wait until the next day but I still got the same error. I called Transunion and confirmed that my credit is NOT frozen so I tried again but I still get the same error. 

I called PayPal and kept getting passed around to different departments but no one seemed to be able to help me. The last person I talked to asked me to try again with them on the phone but the option to apply wouldn't show up anymore. They said to wait 48 hours and try again but I've already been through this before and I have to wait around 3 months before I have the option to apply again but then the whole problem repeats itself and it's a never-ending cycle of futility.

PayPal seems unable or unwilling to help me fix the problem. Does anyone have any idea on what I can do or who I can contact to actually get this problem fixed?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

p20230923
Contributor
Contributor

I am experiencing the exact same issue with the PayPal Cashback Mastercard application (3 or so months ago as well).  Yesterday, I spent over 2 hours getting transferred to different teams, told to call Synchrony Bank multiple times, then told to call PayPal again multiple times, while also confirming with TransUnion that all was good on their side.

I sent a message to Customer Service on the PayPal website after the excruciating painful ordeal, and yet again, they tell me to call a different telephone number.  However, I do not want to get into another marathon of interactions attempting to re-explain this technical issue between PayPal and TransUnion.  I do not understand why they cannot pass the information to the appropriate team for resolution as they have all they need in their system to research and resolve.

This has been a very frustrating experience, one not expected in the year of 2023.

Login to Me Too

cjr91
New Community Member

I just wanted to add that I've been having the same exact issue. It tells me to unfreeze Transunion but it is unfrozen. I tried with both a temporary lift and permanently unfrozen.

Login to Me Too

jpapplefan4life
New Community Member
I’m dealing with the exact same issue. Customer service is useless. They are actually quite rude.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.