Pay in 4 multiple pending transactions for one purchase.

DaarekC
Contributor
Contributor
So I was making a purchase eariler today and I decided to try the pay in 4 option. After I got approved and clicked next, I went back to my cart to edit my order. I reapplied for the pay in 4, then I went to confirm the order and the shipping changed the total so the pay in 4 would be a bit more each payment. Finally, I submitted the order and got an email confirming the payment amount. Well, I looked into my account and it seems I was charged for each time I applied for the pay in 4 so now I have 3 charges, 1 for the actual order and 2 for the applications. All I want to know is if and when the 2 extra pending transactions will go away or if I should call my bank/vendor/paypal to get this sorted out. Thanks.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Dani

Hello there @DaarekC,

Thank you for reaching out on the PayPal Community Forums. I know it can be worrisome to see multiple authorizations, but rest assured, if you only completed the checkout process once, then only one authorization will result in a completed payment. The other authorizations would instead automatically fall off and cancel out. Depending on the card company, this can take up to 30 days. If you have any further inquiries, especially anything specific to your account, I advise that you reach out to PayPal customer support using the Contact button at the bottom of most PayPal pages.

I hope this information helps to clear things up for you.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Dani

Hello there @DaarekC,

Thank you for reaching out on the PayPal Community Forums. I know it can be worrisome to see multiple authorizations, but rest assured, if you only completed the checkout process once, then only one authorization will result in a completed payment. The other authorizations would instead automatically fall off and cancel out. Depending on the card company, this can take up to 30 days. If you have any further inquiries, especially anything specific to your account, I advise that you reach out to PayPal customer support using the Contact button at the bottom of most PayPal pages.

I hope this information helps to clear things up for you.

- Dani
If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

aliciabroom
New Community Member
Hi! Did you end up getting your money back and if so how long did it take this has happen to me 😭
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.