Pay in 4 Not showing up anymore

HunterCustom
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I have some question about ay in 4 feature, I was approved for the feature but now on websites where it was shown, I no longer see the options why could this be?

Login to Me Too
176 REPLIES 176

Temp20211110b
Contributor
Contributor
Been 3 weeks and still.not able to use the pay in 4 feature. I have no open pay in 4 loans and paypal says the same spiel that my account is fine and there should be no reason i cant use the feature. So frustrating
Login to Me Too

Woodenskewer
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever get this resolved? Same Issue here and they are giving me the same Run around.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210926c
Contributor
Contributor
Well, sort of. I paid off the last pay in 4 arrangement I had and went I went to make a new purchase, the option appeared again and I was approved; however, I needed to make an adjustment to my purchase and when I went to check out again, the pay in 4 option had gone. I no longer have it anymore at least not for now. It seems like the system is extra sensitive with detecting “fraudulent activity.” PayPal needs to get it together
Login to Me Too

CandaceM
Contributor
Contributor

this just happened to me today, I called and spoke direct with a agent. I explained what happened, I was basically at the end where u submit, but I wanted to change the card so I went back, but when I proceeded to check out again the pay in 4 option was gone, she said they found out when u get so far in the order screen u cannot make changes and when u do thats when it triggers the unusual activity default or whatever, basically I gotta wait 16 days before the pay in 4 becomes avail to me again, so mar 1 it should start reappearing for me to use. Its a glitch and I just gotta wait it out. 

Login to Me Too

mreneew33
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me.  I decided to edit my cart and when I went to check out again the Pay in 4 option had disappeared.  And it is no longer an option for me anywhere.  I called and the person really didn't understand what I was saying and eventually was told that it's an automated system and that it decides whether to offer it or not.  So Afterpay it is......

Login to Me Too

Temp20211110c
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to get it back after 3 weeks @CandaceM ? 

I had this happen to me last week Wednesday 😣 I was Indecisive at the checkout and went back between the cart & checkout twice, then third times the charm right? I see I have two pending Pay in 4 transactions even though I didn't complete the order... It fell off my banking statement this Tuesday, but when I went to try and check out my Pay in 4 option was still gone. 😞 I hope I get it back by next month. 

There's got to be a better process than this. If I knew this would happen I just would have used the vendors other method of payment which was Quadpay.

Login to Me Too

NataliaM89
I have the same problems. It's option disappeared. But it was so convenient and I always paid off everything.
Login to Me Too

12Username34
I haven't had the option for pay in 4 for a long time now. I think about 2 months now, or longer. All my plans are paid off. I tried to order a sweatshirt using pay in 4, and it denied my order due to "suspicious activity" (which is not at all suspicious, it was no different than past orders) and I haven't gotten it back since. I liked having it, so now I'm extremely annoyed at PayPal for taking it away. Makes me want to just stop using PayPal altogether because their service is going downhill.
Login to Me Too

Allypad
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact thing happened to me. It appears as if ANYTHING happens when you are checking out, it takes the option away. It’s been months for me. When I call, nobody even knows what I’m talking about - and if they DO understand, they tell me that “the system” determines when it is offered as an option. Absolutely ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

BeatMobb
Contributor
Contributor

I feel your pain, I called and had the C.S Rep on for 30 mins trying to understand what they were talking about and then I asked them to transfer me to a Supervisor she was worse and treated me like she was tired of being asked this question, I kept her on the phone for an hour asking her to break it down for me cause I don’t understand how the system runs itself with no-one at the wheel and the Pay in 4 option is determined by security measures yet my account has no security flaws and it says I am active account, meaning it should show up when I goto make a purchase even though it doesn’t, then she said its not available for all purchases in which I replied “If it worked 4 times before wouldn’t it work again if I were possible” she said its a security measure and the system is automated, and the circle continues.  Then I asked if there were anyone in the IT department, she said “They don’t have one”. that was when I knew this woman didn’t care about her job or me and my issues at ALL.  How does an INTERNET based company (One of the LARGEST in The World) Not have a technical department, if a Hacker breaks in I guess they just all look at each other and start praying to Their GOD the Holy One Steve Jobs and pray he makes the Evil Hacker Devil go away!  

As a Sane person who is Not stupid I know there is a whole office of people who have no clue this is happening to this amount of people and won’t until their second quarter results come in and they are scratching their heads saying why did our numbers decline with so many people embracing our new program and then they might see our complaints, but not as long as people are putting SOLVED on he issue when its not.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.