Pay in 3 duplication??

Fran115
New Community Member
Hello I bought some goods using pay in 3 and I have 2 pending transactions for £43 showing in my account - one for 20th July and one for 21st. I was given a schedule of one payment on 20th July, one on 20th August and one on 20th September. I am very confused as to why there are two separate pending transactions and am worried that I am going to be over-charged. Can anyone help?
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Ayesha

Hello @Fran115,

Welcome and thank you for contacting the PayPal community!

I understand your concern about Pay in 3. To know information about the pending authorization, please take a look at this help center article. If you still need any clarification, please reach out to our customer support team through the available contact options on our website.

hope this helps,
Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

DJNikon
Contributor
Contributor

I have this exact same issue and the help article is next to useless. It refers to goods being shipped that triggers the duplicated payment to be cancelled. In my case I paid for goods with a local merchant and then collected and TWO DAYS later there is STILL a duplicated payment on my bank account. 

If this were a small amount it would not matter as much (although it's still poor practice) but for large amounts, THESE ARE NOTICIBLE DEDUCTIONS!

Paypal is a bit of a joke, I thought pay in 3 would be a nice easy way to buy something a little more expensive but it's nothing but hassle. 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_RachelK

Hi @DJNikon,

Thank you for your post!

I am sorry to hear about your negative experience. I do understand your frustration. When you attempt to make a payment, the amount can be temporarily charged to your bank/card. This is an authorization charge.

As you have received your purchase, the merchant will only complete one order. Therefore, the other temporary charge will be removed from your bank within 72 hours. This is normal practice for online payments, so no need to be worried if this happens again.

I hope this helps!

- Rachel 

Login to Me Too

D0wn3r
New Community Member
So what happens when it’s a larger purchase for example pay in 3 for £1500? Now the first payment of £500 is charged twice meaning ur holding 1k instead of £500. This then sends said account into overdrawn and starts incurring charges for being overdrawn. So what about those for 72 hours?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.