How to refute pay in 4 charge for a concert ticket that wasn’t received?

Waldrb18
New Community Member
PayPal has a pending transaction for a ticket I tried purchasing from Ticketmaster using the pay in 4 option, but the ticket wasn’t released and I have no order showing in Ticketmaster. How do I refute this charge
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Waldrb18 

When you pay a company then it is often pending or awaiting authorisation until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process the order and capture that payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment and returns back to your funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HanLou_90
Contributor
Contributor
Did the money get refunded to you? I’m going through the same thing and really worried. Bought tickets off Ticketmaster pay in 3 and no ticket confirmation but payment pending in my account
Login to Me Too

HanLou_90
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, what was the outcome of this please ? I’m going through it myself 😞
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Meghan

Hello @HanLou_90

Thanks for stopping by the PayPal Community Forum. Welcome! 

I understand you recently purchased some tickets, but you haven't received them, and I'm sorry to hear that. If the payment is still a pending authorization, it will likely be voided within 72 hours if the merchant does not collect the funds and issue the tickets. You can learn more about pending authorizations for Pay in 3 and Pay in 4 on our Help Center here. If you end up seeing the payment complete and still do not receive the tickets, you can file an Item Not Received dispute using these instructions

I hope this helps and you either receive the tickets or the authorization is canceled soon! 

- Meghan

If you found this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. While browsing, feel free to reply if you see a question you know the answer to. Our Community Users make the PayPal Community Forum! 
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.