How does my credit line get cut in half when I’m always paying triple the minimum payment?

omgitsmeamandab
New Community Member
How is it my credit line is suddenly decreased DRASTICALLY out of NOWHERE ?? I have made triple my payments every month!! I go on a trip and pay several hundred dollars toward my PayPal credit card to get my balance down to almost nothing. I go to logon - in the middle of the ocean - and PayPal as cut my credit limit in half!! How?!? And why!!!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

MGadson
Contributor
Contributor
I just talked to a live person (finally) because I had the same thing happen. In my case, I paid a large amount at once and 3/4ths of it got put on a hold for nearly 3 weeks for verification and after that hold period it will go back into the available credit. Hopefully yours is the same situation and the credit will be put back on there after a hold period.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @omgitsmeamandab and @MGadson 

Welcome to the PayPal Help Community!

I understand that you're worried about the limit decrease of your PayPal Credit. Synchrony Bank determines the credit limit on your PayPal Credit account. I recommend you to reach out to the Synchrony team for more information on decrease in credit limit of your PayPal Credit account.

Regards,

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.