Has anyone else used the "new version" of invoicing that prefers it to the old version?

loreynolds3
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried the new version of invoicing and realized it is going to add a substantial amount of time to my invoicing process. Mainly because it brings up so many new tabs for information entry instead of just letting me enter it without pop ups. Has anyone got any helpful tips to cut time a bit? 

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

Regnad1999
Contributor
Contributor

I found no place to even put in the amount on the new version. I had to switch to the new version to do this. I'm thinking I'm going to need to find another way for making invoices after they switch to the new. I'm not liking this at all

Login to Me Too

PCHelp-Guru
Contributor
Contributor

I totally agree, the "new" format sucks.  Why do they insist on fixing things that aren't broken?  Or at least give us the option of choice, rather than forcing this new stuff on us?

Login to Me Too

leonhart8888
New Community Member

I agree - I really dislike the new format. It takes more clicks to do anything and also is very cluttered. Much prefer the older format.

Login to Me Too

TBPoppy
New Community Member

New InvoicingFormat -

Absolutely hate it.. 

do not like it at all 

Login to Me Too

enelgy1
New Community Member

The new invoicing format is causing me nothing but problems:

In addition to some technical bugs (especially the one that's not saving my customer's information), I also have to constantly take my hands off the keyboard to click "edit" and "add" items.  I used to be able to tab over to new items and breeze through invoices quickly, but this change has made the process clunky and slow.  One large invoice is annoying, but making 100 large invoices is IMPOSSIBLE.  Everything I sell is unique in price/quantity, so even if I can reuse a name from a saved item, I still have to go through that extra "clicking" process to edit the fields.  Plus, with everything being saved, and almost no use for the saved information, the long list of items just gets in the way.

I've been using PayPal for 12 years, but this makes me want to look for another platform.

Login to Me Too

bandsrme
New Community Member

New version is Idiocy. It wont send my invoice but shows it as Draft".

Pain in the **bleep**. Why change it.

Login to Me Too

hshires
Contributor
Contributor

The new invoice template is awful.  There cannot possibly have been any actual usability testing and comparison to the existing one where testers preferred the  new one. The new one is confusing and, most importantly, takes much longer to actually enter items and get the form completed What a joke.

Paypal, are you listening?

Login to Me Too

emclocker
Contributor
Contributor

Add me to the list. The new format is AWFUL.

Login to Me Too

zipper68
New Community Member

The new invoice template is simply awful. Many of the items I invoice are custom one-use descriptions. It forces you to create a new item every time you want a custom line item. You can't just manually add a line item. Did they do ANY user testing with the new invoice?!? All I see online are complaints about it. Literally not ONE positive comment. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.