PayPal invoice received, but all I get is an error page when I open it

Elizabethwade
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve received an invoice from a friend which I have had before with no problems. I click on the link in my email to go through to my PayPal account or I can be in the PayPal account and access that invoice request and when I click on the button to read the invoice request it comes up with an error page. I don’t get to see what the invoice is at all and there’s no way to pay it. The only difference is that my friend is on holiday in Europe when she sent through the invoice.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elizabethwade 

That may be the issue.

While travelling internationally, PayPal actually doesn't always guarantee the ability to use a Paypal account since it's normally considered a bit higher risk than the usual activity in your account history.

Depending on what Paypals security system sees, a traveller may have limited functionality but it's not uncommon to run into issues while travelling outside your home country. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Elizabethwade 

That may be the issue.

While travelling internationally, PayPal actually doesn't always guarantee the ability to use a Paypal account since it's normally considered a bit higher risk than the usual activity in your account history.

Depending on what Paypals security system sees, a traveller may have limited functionality but it's not uncommon to run into issues while travelling outside your home country. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Elizabethwade
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. 

My friend is wondering about that too. I was going to just send her money without going through the invoice but she is back in a few days so can resend it then when back in the UK. 

Many thanks for replying. Much appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.