Buying Using PayPal Credit with GOAT app

smithalb21
Contributor
Contributor

I have attempted to buy and create offers on the GOAT app using PayPal. I would like to use my PayPal Credit to pay for the item. When checking out, the option to select the funding source is not available. By default, my PayPal balance is selected. 

I have also attempted to change the funding source in my "Automatic Payments" settings. However, GOAT is not listed in the merchant list. Is there any way to select PayPal Credit as the funding source for GOAT purchases?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Bindu

Hello @smithalb21,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your post!

Sorry to hear that you're not able to complete the payment using PayPal credit. PayPal credit might not be available for all purchases. The possible reasons that PayPal credit is not offered as a payment method can be found here : Why can't I pay with PayPal Credit?

If the option is available, you can select PayPal credit as a funding source at the time of checkout. Simply, you can choose to pay with PayPal and  change the payment source to PayPal Credit. Also, you can manage your automatic payments by the steps listed here : Automatic payments

I hope this helps!

Bindu

If you feel this or any other post helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

smithalb21
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for these useful links! Would a change need to be made on the merchant side (i.e. GOAT) to enable the PayPal Credit option?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.