Business account unable to generate invoice.

duydbMako
Contributor
Contributor

I created a business account and try to generate an invoice but It keeps saying: "Sorry, we couldn't create your invoice. Please contact our customer service team for any queries.". I've link my bank account and debit card.

Is this how Paypal works, Do I miss something?

Login to Me Too
58 REPLIES 58

TNSuperman81
Contributor
Contributor
Spoke to a supervisor this morning who pretty much told me the same thing everyone else has. They know of the issue and right now there is no ETA. Said they would email everyone affected once it’s been resolved
Login to Me Too

oncallnotary
Contributor
Contributor

devana Provided a solution (at least for now - until the issue is fixed by PayPal). Delete any note to the customer you have on the invoice. Works for me and I'm back to sending invoices.

Thank you devana!!!

Login to Me Too

TNSuperman81
Contributor
Contributor
That might be a fix for you and a couple other people but it’s not a fix for me and it doesn’t appear to be a fix for a lot of others either. I don’t have anything written in the notes at all. It will not let me create any new invoice whatsoever. This is not an issue with anything in the notes section. I just cannot send an invoice.
Login to Me Too

DBCampbell2
Contributor
Contributor

Only 1 invoice in the last 9 I have tried to send has actually sent correctly.   The other 8 end up saving as drafts, despite the message that the invoice could not be saved.   No amount of changing the content has then allowed me to "Send Update".    I have over 50 invoices to send by end of day tomorrow, so if PayPal does not have this resolved by then, I'll be switching to a different provider.

Login to Me Too

DBCampbell2
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE:  Invoice sending or updating was broken earlier today, but as of 4pm US Mountain time I have been able to send all of the previously failed (and saved as draft) invoices I had created - 9 of them.   I did make small updates to the "Seller note to customer" by deleting or adding a couple words, but I'm not sure that was relevant to the fix.   My next test will be to create new invoices and send.

Login to Me Too

DBCampbell2
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE #2:  All new invoices created are sending without error, and I don't need to make any changes to the "Seller notes".   I do see that the Item description has been decreased to 400 characters, whereas I believe it was previously 1000.

Login to Me Too

Bowden2way
New Community Member

I just experienced this for the fist time today May 11th. After multiple attempts to send an invoice,  I found I had to delete my customer's company name in order to get the invoice to send. The email and physical address I left alone. I hope this helps

Login to Me Too

bernardvi
Contributor
Contributor

April 2024 and this issue is still there. Unbelievable!

Login to Me Too

pinkleoboutique
Contributor
Contributor

This is happening to me too.  It's been close to 3 weeks now.  I've called customer service twice and really haven't gotten any answers.  The last time, I got "it's an ongoing issue, we are working on it, we will add your account to the ticket"  No known date of resolution, no options given.  I've used paypal for years and it's never had as bad of service as it does now.  I'm looking at using square as my payment processor for invoices because I can't NOT send invoices for my business.  Money requests are NOT the same thing.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.