Business account unable to generate invoice.

duydbMako
Contributor
Contributor

I created a business account and try to generate an invoice but It keeps saying: "Sorry, we couldn't create your invoice. Please contact our customer service team for any queries.". I've link my bank account and debit card.

Is this how Paypal works, Do I miss something?

Login to Me Too
56 REPLIES 56

StarlyteSakura
New Community Member

It's currently doing that to me too. Wondering if it's an issue on Paypal's end? I've been using this account for a while and never had this issue before

Login to Me Too

CrispinStichart
Contributor
Contributor

It's affecting me as well. A customer support person confirmed it was a problem on paypal's end, and said there was no ETA for a fix. 

Login to Me Too

wenhuasc
Contributor
Contributor

This is still happening to me. I would really like a solution soon, or I might have to try something else. Are you still having this problem now (Feb. 24)?

Login to Me Too

devana
Contributor
Contributor
Still happening to me! I'm really glad I found your initial comment since I thought I was going crazy trying to send invoices and getting the same message. I couldn't reach customer support though so I have no updates.
Login to Me Too

wenhuasc
Contributor
Contributor

I guess I am just happy that it's not my fault. Thank you for responding!

Login to Me Too

devana
Contributor
Contributor

Saw someone comment on another thread 3 days ago saying they called customer support and they told her the issue is estimated to be resolved around mid March. Not sure if we can trust this since I've seen other similar comments saying they got a 24h estimate, but it's the only update I have. Hopefully they'll fix it sooner, not being able to send invoices as a business is unacceptable! 

Login to Me Too

devana
Contributor
Contributor

GUYS I FIXED IT! At least in my case it worked! 

I found someone on reddit saying recently PayPal added the words: service/services/goods to flagged words. So if you have one of these words in your invoice (even in the Note to Seller category) try to delete it and try again. 

I personally had in the Note to Seller category a little text saying "this invoice is for digital goods and/or services only", I've had it in every single invoice for the past 4 years and it suddenly stopped working? As soon as I deleted the text it worked again. 

Hope it helps! 

Login to Me Too

devana
Contributor
Contributor

Still unable to create invoices as a Business account. Still receiving the "Sorry, we couldn't update your invoice. Please contact our customer service team for any queries" message. Does anyone still have this problem? And has anyone reached customer support successfully? Any updates? It's been two weeks already!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@devana 

Review what you wrote on the invoice, you may have used a flagged word in one of the fields. I would not put phone numbers in the fields either, except where the Company info should be.

Otherwise, contact customer service for further assistance:

Visit https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home

Click Contact Us at the bottom.

Option 1: Go to topic closest to your issue, then click Message Us or Call Us after the “This information might help” box so PayPal can better direct your message or call to the right department to resolve your problem.

Option 2: Scroll to the bottom to select a contact option: Message Us or Call us.

Live chat might be available depending on time of day or availability of the service in your country.

A live chat box will automatically appear if available if you’re in the help page long enough. 

There’s also social media:    

PayPal on Facebook

PayPal on Twitter

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.