Zettle card reader wants signature instead of PIN.

Pureza00
Contributor
Contributor

When accepting payments with the Zettle card reader, it asks for a signature instead of a PIN. Since I use my phone for transactions, I am not comfortable handing it over to strangers for a signature. Is there a way to force Zettle ask for a PIN instead?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Pureza00. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum.

Zettle does accept a PIN, but that's determined by (1) if your customer has a PIN activated on their card (not all credit cards have that, and the card owner may need to activate it), and (2) Zettle's internal security system. PayPal uses state of the art software to help keep transactions as safe and secure as possible, and that can lead to a signature being required. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but there's no option to have a PIN requested every time.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Pureza00. Thanks for taking the time to add your question here on the PayPal Community Forum.

Zettle does accept a PIN, but that's determined by (1) if your customer has a PIN activated on their card (not all credit cards have that, and the card owner may need to activate it), and (2) Zettle's internal security system. PayPal uses state of the art software to help keep transactions as safe and secure as possible, and that can lead to a signature being required. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, but there's no option to have a PIN requested every time.

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.