How to customize the email format for an invoice

RickFord
Contributor
Contributor

When I create an invoice for a customer that has FirstName, LastName, and Company in the customer info, the email is addressed to the Company name rather than the individual's name.  So, for example, if I have customer "Sally Smith" of the XYZ Corp, the email says, "Hello XYZ Corp." and then the invoice is attached.  If I remove the company name from the customer info, then the email is addressed to the individual, "Hello Sally Smith"   

I want to keep the company name with the customer info, but I want the email to be addressed to the individual.  How do I do that?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RickFord 

Put Company Name on Address Line 2?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RickFord
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, @sharpiemarker for the quick response.  Unfortunately, the only place that has a place for that is in Billing Information or Shipping Information.  When I tried it, it would not keep the Company Name in the 2nd line unless I also gave it complete address information, which I don't have.  All I have is the person's name, company name, and email address.  So, I can add the company name to the "Additional Info" notes for the customer, but doesn't show up on the invoice.  What I want is the Invoice to be addressed to

Customer's Name

Company Name

and the email to be addressed to "Hello <Customer's Name>,  here is the invoice from us."  

If I put the Company Name in the Customer Information section, the invoice looks right, but then the email isn't addressed correctly.  If I leave the Company Name blank, then the invoice doesn't look right, but the email is addressed correctly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.